The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57363 - 07/16/03 05:49 AM I'm Back from vacation and I need a REST!!!
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
WOW. What a great trip across this great America we have. We travelled through the lovely mountains in Colorado, into the desert Southwest. And someone needed to tell this girl not to plan an outdoor wedding in July in a tent in New Mexico in the hottest month of the year. [Roll Eyes] Golly it was hot. The wedding was done in Navahoe and in English. After the ceremony was done and all the pics taken a huge dust storm blew in and lasted four(count 'em 4 whole minutes) and dusted the beautiful white wedding cake. We all ate gritty cake. [Wink]
After the wedding we went to Las Vegas... not planned at all... to spend $20 each gamgbling and see the Bellagio fountain and other cool things for free. We ate 12oz T bone steak dinners for $4.95 each. Not bad eh? [Cool]
Then on to the Grand Canyon and through Arizona, and a slight trip back through Colorado to visit the healing hot springs for me while Dana spent the day fly fishing. [Big Grin]
All in all the trip was 13 days of wonderful. A little hot. But great and long, long overdue. The kids (well my 17 year old boy and her 22year old college girl... we still call them kids... lol)did NOT have a party, the house was clean when we came home.
Dana took 9 rolls of pictures and 2 rolls of panoramic film and I took 141 pics on my new digital camera. I will be setting up a yahoo photo album for people to see some of the pics. Soon. right now I am so tired i can hardly function. my feet are the size of cantaloupes. [Eek!]
but we had fun.

---kay oleladee

p.s.
Dotsie.... I will send you my submission in a day or two...i just have to get my feet under me...i am exhausted... i will hurry.. i promise.
[Smile]

#57364 - 07/16/03 05:02 PM Re: I'm Back from vacation and I need a REST!!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I sure hope the bride was laid back because I can't quite imagine a dust storm in the middle of a white wedding. It sure makes for a great story though. One that people will talk about forever.

Your post makes me want to get out west even more! Thirteen days of wonderful sounds like heaven to me. I have never been there and would love to take 2 weeks and really get around. One day....meantime I will look forward to seeing your pictures.

I am guessing you lost the $20.00 because you didn't mention any winnings. [Big Grin]

Glad to hear the kids behaved. Always a concern! [Roll Eyes]

Now it's time to sit back, relax, and put your canteloupes up! [Razz]

#57365 - 07/17/03 01:39 AM Re: I'm Back from vacation and I need a REST!!!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I am so glad you had such a good time. The name of your topic though makes me think of how many times I have heard the "I need a vacation from my vacation" thing. Why is it that so many people feel like they need to jam pack everything into their vacations? I think about how my parents used to do it when I was a kid and I think it couldn't have possibly been a vacation for them. Maybe that's why my Dad hasn't taken a vacation since my brother and I have moved away, he doesn't know what he would do!

Since I started vacations by myself with friends or my husband I have found myself not doing as much and sometimes feeling guilty about it. That's why I actually liked the cruise for our honeymoon because you can only do what's on the ship and you can't run yourself ragged with that!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved