The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57356 - 07/14/03 06:55 PM Pacific Northwest
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
If you are planning a vacation I highly recommend the Northwest. Portland Oregon is a beautiful city in the summer full of flower gardens for the public to view and places to walk and hike and shops to visit.
Yesterday we went to the coast. It is the most astoundingly beautiful vistas I have ever seen. It takes ones breath away. Most of Oregon coast is a State Park so pristine is a word that comes to mind.Go on line see some pictures. Little towns nestled in the cliffs, coves ,tidepools and so much more.

#57357 - 07/19/03 04:12 AM Re: Pacific Northwest
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Caloona,
Loved your post on the Pacific Northwest. Its where I live. The summers are absolutely beautiful but the winters are cloudy and rainy.
Tillamook floods almost every winter.
Which part of the coast were you at? We live in the Tillamook County area. Some people are calling it the last frontier although its not. I like your description pristine.
Thanks!!!!!
Maggie

#57358 - 08/03/03 03:30 PM Re: Pacific Northwest
caloona Offline

Maggie,I just got back from Oregon(hence reply is a bit late) so I was thrilled to see that you were from there. My son and daughter-in -law live in Portland.Beautiful city, love the Rose Garden,the cafes and the stores with health in mind. I saw one regular food store while I was there.
Not familiar with your area.My son and I went to Scappoose Bay and kayaked while looking at Mt St.Helens.We hiked back into the Columbia Gorge to marvel at some waterfalls.I think I would move there if it wasn't for the rain. I did see Tillamook Light House are you by that?

#57359 - 08/03/03 10:53 PM Re: Pacific Northwest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a fun picture...you and your son kayaking! I bet you will remember that day for the rest of your life!

Treasured memories! [Big Grin]

#57360 - 08/03/03 11:38 PM Re: Pacific Northwest
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Caloona,
Your descriptions are beautiful. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. We are about two hours from Portland, about an hour from the Tillamook
Light house which is closer to Cannon Beach and
Seaside. We have Cape Meares lighthouse which is
the shortest one on the Oregon Coast.
So glad you enjoyed Portland. We go there when want to go to the City.
Were all looking forward to one day of rain now so we can burn our papers but as soon as it starts raining we will want the sun back.
Thanks,
Maggie

#57361 - 08/04/03 01:56 AM Re: Pacific Northwest
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I was in Portland last Halloween and thought it was a beautiful city. I was there for work so I didn't get to do too much, but I went to the market they have on Saturdays, the Japanese gardens, and walked around the water front and some of the parks. It is such a beautiful city. They do such a good job of incorporating nature things into the urban landscape. I wish I hadgone when the roses were in bloom, I bet they are fantastic.

#57362 - 08/05/03 06:30 AM Re: Pacific Northwest
caloona Offline

Yes, kayaking with my son will be a "never forget day" especially since he purposely took the day off to be with me before I left.After a day on the water he took me to a baseball field where we played catch (one of our favorite things when he was growing up)till the sun set. He even set up the camera on remote so we would have a picture of us with our baseball mitts.
Travel and those days of rest are treasures. Life has me so busy I forgot the peacefulness of play.
Thank God for the beautiful places He has given us to share with those we love.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved