The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#56397 - 08/29/05 05:43 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dee,
My sister-in-law is in Huntsville Ala. Where are you located . We are worried about then and my husbands daughter from his first marriage is in Slidel , La and are then going also. We cannot get threw the phone lines now. This is very scary storm and hope that you are safe also.
Please keep us posted !

[ August 28, 2005, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#56398 - 08/29/05 07:59 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Nancy, I'm about 10 miles outside of Huntsville, AL. I will pray for your sister-in-law, and for us all. Dee included. Its very scary. Looks like we will be getting some of it as well but of course not like our dear neighbors in LA and South Alabama. Prayers will be forthcoming!

JJ

#56399 - 08/29/05 09:12 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Thanks , J. J.
I called my sister-in-law tonight and so far so good, but she said they will get it tomorrow all the wind and rain. Some of the people are coming up her way to be safe from LA . They have shelter there that were open. We are consurned a about all the dogs and cats and critters she calls them what will happen to them also. Are they going to parrish also. She told me she would not leave with her critter (dog) that is . I told her my dog goes with me . I am worried about all the old people and the sick . What will happen to them and the ones in the county jail? Lots of questions.

Keep you all in my prayers and be safe.

#56400 - 08/29/05 05:38 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies in the storm's path, please let us hear from you.

My sister and her family evacuated to Florida, of all places. Who would ever think you'd take cover in Florida during a hurricane?

#56401 - 08/30/05 07:04 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear friends, I was praying that its force would diminish and at least it turned into a cat.4 instead of a cat.5. But I am praying for all in it's way to remain safe. I can't imagine what you are going through and the reports are disheartening with so many without comm. and electricity.

Hoping to hear from JJ, Dee and any others. Dots, I kow what you mean, with your sister evacuating to Florida of all places. Praying constantly for your safety...
this songbird will sing a joyful tune when we hear from you.

#56402 - 08/30/05 04:36 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
News reports this morning are dire...it's going to be good to hear from all of our Boomer sisters in the path of this storm - I'm anxious to hear from everyone that they made it safely through the worst of this devastating storm.....I'll be checking in here all day to see if we get some postings from our girls in the midst of things.

#56403 - 08/30/05 05:16 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Praying and waiting,

#56404 - 08/30/05 05:35 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
It's hard to listen to these devastating reports and not know if our sisters are okay...I too have been praying (all night, due to insomnia!) for your safety and wait for word...

#56405 - 08/30/05 06:11 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We're getting the tail end of it right now. Strong winds and driving rain. They said it's fast moving so hopefully, it will lessen and move on.

#56406 - 08/31/05 07:15 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm with all of you on this one. Waiting to hear. Hopefully electricity is the only issue.

I am so grateful my sister and her family left town. They are all in a hotel in central FLorida. She was online for more than 6 hours trying tofind a place for them and their pets. They left at 4:40 am Sunday and arrived at their destination Sunday afternoon. They are safe, but they don't know if their homes will be there when they return. Things were looking grim last night, and much worse this morning. They are mentioning her town when speaking about the flooding of the levee. I can't wait to talk with her today. She will be able to tell me exactly where they are located on the map CNN continues to show. Please pray for everyone involved. I heard this could be the worse natural disaster to ever hit our country.

She and her husband also own several chain pizza places that are scattered around New Orleans and north of the city. This is devastating, but you know what? She is faithful and can put this in perspective. Pray I can help her in that area.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved