The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#56477 - 09/05/05 03:49 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Beautifully said, Leigha

#56478 - 09/05/05 05:08 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
This morning I was watching CNN and was so hopeful to see the Colonel they put in charge of the hurricane zone is a capable man. I was moved that he rode into NO and started yelling at troops and police alike to stand down their weapons- that these were the people they were sent to help. I was glad he said that these people had helped each other- had gone into the stores to get food to survive.I was finally hopeful that someone appeared to be in charge and honored the humanity of those who had gone thru hell. Bless Col. Honoree-and just hope he is allowed to fulfill his mission to rescue and rebuild!

#56479 - 09/05/05 06:17 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
PAttyann, I can hear the hope in your post. I stayed away from the hurricane news yesterday. PErhaps I'll check in with the situation later today. I pray I can see a difference for the sake of all those suffering.

I continue to have a hard time wrapping my mind around the nothingness these people are left with. It is at times like this when faith holds the key to the future. I was tickled to see a clip of men, women and children singing Bible songs, smiling, serving food to strangers, and praising God in the midst of their pain. I'm praying more people will begin to spread the gospel.

#56480 - 09/05/05 06:39 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, I too continue to grapple with that agony of nothingness. It hits me every moment of the day. I look at pictures of my family hanging on my walls, and cry for those who lost not only their family pictures, but the walls to hang them on!

I too had to take a break from all hurricane news yesterday (hubby is worried that I'm not handling the pain very well and begged me to take a break), although I'm painfully conscious that those in the midst of it cannot take a break!

Still, the only thing I'm able to do from my little corner is pray for help for those in most need of it right now, healing for shattered lives and hope for those in despair this morning.

#56481 - 09/06/05 07:09 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

I have so many friends who live in Gulfport/Biloxi/Slidel and I've sent out emails (despite the fact I know there's no responses at the moment) in hopes that I'll get an email from someone...so far nothing. I used to work at Stennis Space Center as a secretary and I've not heard how that fared...it's just north of Waveland which was wiped off the map. Two wonderful friends lived in Gulfport and I've not heard anything...Please, keep praying for those I worked with and my closest friends who I'm not hearing from. Hopefully, I'll be heading into Gulfport around the 17th with my girlfriend Nancy as she returns to see her home...she lives 7 blocks off the beach...my husband and I are going with her with our chain saw to remove trees and debris.
I sat on my front porch this morning having my coffee and felt guilty for having lights, a coffee maker that works, a house over my head...I went to church yesterday and prayed, donated money and we're going to donate our time but it still doesn't seem like enough. Nothing seems like enough at the moment.

#56482 - 09/05/05 08:07 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt the need to take a break from Katrina news. I am feeling the same feelings of depression and helplessness as I did after 9/11. I'm thankful my family made it through, but am painfully aware of those less fortunate.

Dee, will keep your in my prayers, I hope you hear from them soon.

#56483 - 09/05/05 08:45 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

Sherri,
Thanks sweetie. It's hard taking a break from it down here...we're sort of in the middle of it...not anything like NO or the rest of the Gulf Coast...but whenever we go out we see the destruction from the storm that went through here. My husband and I drove down to Fairhope area to see a home my girlfriend and her husband are purchasing...on the way back we went by the causeway and bridges that were hit (Mobile area) and saw the damage done...could see where the waterline is bldgs and hard to imagine the water got that high. Saw the oil rig that got loose and hit one of the bridges in mobile (that sucker was huge...I mean HUGE)...it just amazes me how much power the wind has when combined with water. People are still out of power here, still lines for food and clothing and the basics. Keep the prayers going boomer sisters.

#56484 - 09/05/05 09:31 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
Dee,
I'm so glad you are safe. I've been holding my breath and thinking of you as I watch the news.
Thanks for the good news.
Marie

#56485 - 09/05/05 09:34 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

Marie,
Thanks so much for your concern. It touches my heart. Gosh, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you guys letting me know you're there...brings tears to my eyes.

#56486 - 09/06/05 01:35 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

Thank God your son is safe. My heart goes out to his friends who lost everything. This entire situation is truly heartbreaking.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved