The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5565 - 04/30/06 07:42 AM romantic travel?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'd love to hear about some of the romantic places you've traveled with your spouses. Anyone care to share?

#5566 - 04/30/06 12:37 AM Re: romantic travel?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When my first husband and I were married about two years we decided to take a vacation and we didn't have a lot of money so we had to be creative, which he certainly was. With another couple we drove up to somewhere just over the Canadian border to go fishing both the guys loved to fish. When we got to some landing, the name escapes me, we had to park and leave the car, unload our gear and take a boat to the small island where we would be staying. Once there we were met at the shore by a man looking alot like Grizzly Adams. We all got into his landrover and were driven for about an hour to a resort which consisted of 12 cabins which circled the main lodge that looked like something out of a story book, so beautiful and wild. The air was crisp and sweet smelling, it practically made one feel whoozy. Peggy and I picked out which cabin we wanted and the men, George and my Eddie brought in our gear. The cabins were all made of cedar pine inside and had a small kitchen, bathroom and bedroom/sittingroom. There was a four poster bed with a heavenly soft lush down comforter and several big fluffy pillows. That night we heard the dinner bell and we ate at the Lodge with about 18 other people all around these two big tables. The food was so good or maybe it was the fresh air and the excitement. The really romantic part came after we had finished eating, roasting marshmallows around a fire pit in the center of the floor and singing songs. Everyone retired because we had to be up by 4:00 am to go out fishing. The ambiance was too much for Eddie and I and we stayed up way too long feathering our feather bed so to speak. [Wink] The next morning we were up and in the boat with our two friends and our Indian guide. It was soooo early, the loons were on the lake and the mist was almost too thick to see but you could hear the water splashing where the hungry fish were jumping. In a matter of four hours we had caught our limit of Walleyes for the day. When we got back to shore we asked the guide to filet 5 and put the rest in the cooler to take home with us. That night I made the best beer batter fried fresh fish you can imagine for the four of us and a big Italian salad. The Lodge also had a cute general store with pretty fresh produce flown in by small plane. As a guest you could either eat your own food, eat the fish or eat at the Lodge. We had quite an adventure which would take a book to describe but briefly our neighbor George caught a 44 inch Northern that they had to club and shot in the head to get it into the boat, it looked like an aligator, big with hundreds of razor sharp teeth. I caught a bass that was a record breaker and my picture went onto the wall of fame in the lodge holding my fish. While out for a walk Peg and I found 3 baby rabbits but couldn't touch them or the mother would desert them. I took several photos however. That was Eddie and my first and last romantic vacation together, he was so happy and we laughed and laughed, made many new friends and made mad passionate love constantly. Ladies think about it that clean crisp air up there is like a aphrodesiac(?)it turns a mild mannered man into a lustful wild beast, yeehaaa! [Razz] We brought back three coolers full of fileted frozen fish and had many fish fries with our families for months afterwards.
P.S. I also went out and bought a down comforter for our own bed. [Big Grin]

[ April 29, 2006, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#5567 - 04/30/06 02:43 AM Re: romantic travel?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
What a sweet memory for you, Chatty! Thanks for sharing it with us. I know how much you loved (and still do) your husband, Eddie.

#5568 - 05/01/06 02:47 AM Re: romantic travel?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Romantic Travel? I don't think my husband and I ever do much of that. Today is our anniversary, so yesterday we went out to dinner and then to an Angels baseball game, spent the night in a nice hotel, had a lovely breakfast and a lovely little bit of "personal" time, and came home.

Gone just 24 hours, but so refreshed!

It's funny, but any time either of us tries to be romantic, we end up laughing. We must not be the type...

#5569 - 05/01/06 04:42 AM Re: romantic travel?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Happy Anniversary Kathy, to both of you....My husband Eddie and I were like that too, always laughing but somehow we seemed to get the job done, LOL [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] [Smile]

#5570 - 05/01/06 12:13 PM Re: romantic travel?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Chatty, the memories you have of your Eddie are so special...i get choked up everytime you tell one of your Eddie stories...I love them!!!

I wasn't very romantic in the early years of my marriage.I never wanted to leave my babies overnight,but when my oldest child turned 13 my husband convinced me to go away for 2 nights to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary I cried all the way to our hotel..so afraid my kids would meet some terrible fate while I was gone but once we arrived at the hotel...and I had a long hot bath with no little hands knocking at the door,then we had a leisurely meal at a grown up restaurant with real linen napkins and non plastic flatware [Smile] ...I began to relax..and remembered how great it was to be "Nancy and Ray" for a couple of days and not "Mommy and Daddy"..Since that time we have tried to go someplace alone every year and just be girlfriend and boyfriend again for a few days...although I m always eager to get back to my role as "Mommy".Some years it just wasn't possible to get away especially when my mother was very ill...or other family obligations took precedence. But We have been to some very romantic beaches,Bermuda, Nassau, St Thomas, St John's, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Maui, Puerto Vallerta, Cancun , Marco Island.(we've been married forever!) We really look forward to our alone time now so we can just be silly if we feel like it without our children rolling their eyes in disgust:)..looking forward to those little romantic getaways has gotten me thru some very rough times..and makes me realize how blessed I am to be married to such a good guy.

Happy Anniversary Rick and June..your weekend sounds like perfection!!

Dotsie..where do you and Ross like to go?

#5571 - 05/03/06 01:05 AM Re: romantic travel?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

All of this sounds great.

We have been to many islands alone prior to kids, with them since they've been born, and we're looking to doing some alone again.

We rarely left the kids while they were growing up, only for special occasions did we go without them. They have been our traveling companions now for 21 years and I love it.

Ross and I have always tried to get away for a night once or twice a year. We go to all sorts of nice little places that are within two-three hours. Twenty-four hours has done the trick. We are looking forward to longer get-a-ways. Woohoo!

#5572 - 05/06/06 01:08 AM Re: romantic travel?
AvalonBlondi Offline

You guys deserve those getaways....looking forward to hearing all about them.... [Smile]

#5573 - 05/10/06 04:44 AM Re: romantic travel?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Blondi, this is crazy! We have been to the same beaches as you and your hubby, except for Cancun and Aruba. I wonder if we've ever stayed at the same places...at the same time...

#5574 - 05/10/06 08:28 PM Re: romantic travel?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Dotsie,Wouldn't that be something? Maybe our paths have been crossing for many years leading up to our meeting on here...God works in mysterious ways!!! [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved