The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#555 - 05/22/06 10:40 PM Faith Today?
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
Faith for today is a message for us all.

With all the 'things' that are happening in our world today, is your faith upholding you? Are you dependent on your faith to carry you through? In your good times, do you still live by faith, or is it just in your down times that faith is relevant? Has your loved ones supported your faith or see an oddity in the mirror of what the masses go along with?

A lot of questions. But are there really any answers? Faith today does not mean you will have faith tomorrow. And, your faith today, may be completely different from your faith of tomorrow.

But, dear friends. Today, right now, is the moment that counts. Faith is not found in the yesterdays, cannot be found in the tomorrows ... but either IS right now or is not right now. Being honest about it is what is most important.

Faith is suppose to be substance. A substance for what we cannot really see right now. Not depending on how we feel or how we do not feel. Feelings are not faith. Faith stands by itself. Faith contains. Faith remains. For there does remain three things ... after everything else does leaves. After everything else disappears, and fades away ... there remains ...

Faith, hope and love. But finding that out is a journey in itself.
Sometimes enjoyable, sometimes not. But a jouney that cannot be taught to anyone. It has to be experienced. Spiritually, soulfully, and naturally. Faith!

#556 - 05/23/06 11:05 PM Re: Faith Today?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amen sister!

However, I do believe that the faith of my today assures me of my faith for tomorrow. The older I get, the more rooted I become. I can get knocked down but I have faith that God is in control and he works all things for good for those who love him.

I am enjoying your posts. I hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you!

Can you please tell us more about the magazine?

<small>[ May 23, 2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]</small>

#557 - 05/24/06 05:55 PM Re: Faith Today?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I totally agree that faith has to be lived and experienced!

Talking about faith... here's something I found intreresting:
Why God Allows Pain

This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen. It's an explanation other people will
understand.

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.

As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.

They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:
"I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick
people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving a God
who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and
the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed
beard. He looked dirty and unkempt.

The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I
am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed
beards, like that man outside."
!
"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is that people do not come to me."

"Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens is that people don't go to Him and do not look
for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

---"Faith is a journey, not a destination"---

#558 - 05/25/06 06:51 PM Re: Faith Today?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Song, love it! Perfect. Now if only this peri-menopausal brain can rememer to share this at appropriate times...

I need to share it a couple times today for it to stick!

Thank you.

#559 - 05/25/06 09:35 PM Re: Faith Today?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dotsie... you're very welcome. Glad it helps in some way.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved