The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5440 - 02/03/03 06:13 PM Recliners
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
I think the differences between the sexes doesn't come down to planets....venus, mars, whatever! I think it comes down to furniture. If you really want to see the difference in the way men and women think, walk through a furniture store, or even my house with my husband and me. When we moved we bought a bit of nice, new traditional style furniture for the living room. But when it came to furnishing the den....we had to wait till we had the $$$ and my husband insisted that this would be his room to furnish. We temporarily had these two hideous (he bought em) older recliners.
So when the time came to buy new stuff, I said, no recliners!!!!! The room adjoins the traditional living room and I didn't want some "guy" space to pollute my aura! So he bought to huge overstuffed chairs and an ottaman.
They looked great, only he said, months later, that the chair just didn't feel right. Oh spare me the goldilocks routine....but anyway after months of argument...I finally relented and said oh buy a damned recliner, but if it's ugly, it sits in the basement! So we found a lovely, (if that's possible) recliner in a tapestry kind of fabric that nearly matches the ottoman. So anyway....get my point, everything that's right and wrong about my marriage could be detected from this little rambling anecdote. It's all about recliners and the size of the TV.

#5441 - 02/03/03 07:34 PM Re: Recliners
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can relate to the television comment! I am not a fan of t.v. and never have been.

If it was up to me we wouldn't have cable, but that is how the guys can view sports 24/7.

I am embarrased to say that we have 5 televisions in the house and the latest one is a big screen! One of those purchases I finally gave in to.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved