The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5434 - 01/27/03 05:18 PM Super Bowl
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read yesterday that Super Bowl Sunday comes in second (behind Thanksgiving), for the day that the most food is consumed in the nation.

I wonder who is preparing all that food...hmmmmm

With a statistic like that, who could EVER say that we don't support our spouses?

What food did you indulge in. I overindulged on the chicken spread recipe that is posted in the FAVORITE RECIPE forum. Not to mention the other food I ate!

#5435 - 01/27/03 05:20 PM Re: Super Bowl
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
A bunch of neighbors got together yesterday and of course, we women did all the cooking. I am proud to say that I didn't overindulge at all....for a change. I made two amazing cheesecakes, one plain, one dark chocolate. Didn't even eat a bite....but I am fantasizing about what I missed today.

#5436 - 01/27/03 10:52 PM Re: Super Bowl
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Thank goodness for the Publix deli
they make great roast beef subs ;-)

#5437 - 01/28/03 02:35 AM Re: Super Bowl
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
"The GUYS", my boys and 10 of their guy friends indulged on bean dip. I will post this recipe in the recipes because is it ever popular. They said it was gone before kick off. Must have been a feeding frenzy.

#5438 - 01/28/03 02:51 AM Re: Super Bowl
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
10 plus boys and bean dip???oh my goodness!!!!
I had multiple brothers and I can only imagine what the horror would be if I fed them bean dip.
You know boys and body noises!!!!ARgh

[ January 28, 2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Kathryn ]

#5439 - 02/04/03 06:41 PM Re: Super Bowl
Goodgirl Offline

Loc: Washington State
LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh about bean dip!!

My boyfriend works crazy mixed up hours and never knows ahead when he is going to have the day off.....so of course neither do I. This year he happened to get superbowl day off. We were watching the pre-game stuff (witch to me is BOARING!!) anyway, and all the sudden he said,"baby...whatcha got to snack on?"

OOPS!!! I had not a thing!! I was freaked......I had not even thought he was gonna be home so had prepared nuttin!! Oh MY GOSH!!

Then I remembered being at grandmas one time and my brothers beggin for pizza and grandma sayin what do you boys think grandma has a money tree out back?...Ha Ha.

Granny proceeded to cut in half a loaf of french bread and put everything left over and cheeze on it and bake it and say......"PIZZA boys!""

So I did the very same. ""Pizza HON!""

Saved bye Grandma's Smart and Quick thinkin.
And maybe a bit less fragrent atmosphere!! lol!
Thanks Grandma!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved