The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5430 - 01/14/03 04:12 PM The best defense is...
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
My husband "surprised" us with a puppy for Christmas. Don't misunderstand....I love dogs, we have a five year old very well trained Jack Russell. I thought I'd made it clear through numerous discussions that I did not need anything else in my life to take care of....but there he was with a nine week old puppy. So now my life is on its ear again. My kids are finally old enough to take care of themselves for short periods of time. They can pick up after themselves, help with chores...etc. But now every day I have to leave work early to go home and deal with the manic pup! No one walks her but me, no one feeds her, cleans up the poop on my oriental rugs, stops her from chewing. So when I complained to my spouse about the unfairness of the situation....he exploded. Gave me the old poor me speech, the one where he says he does so much more around the house than "most men". I should be so grateful. Then out he storms....leaving me at dinner with three hungry kids, homework, dishes and two damn dogs to walk and feed. I rest my case....I resent that I don't have the freedom to walk out the door and leave the crap to him. Fortyish men are no more evolved than 17 year olds!

#5431 - 01/14/03 05:05 PM Re: The best defense is...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
First you must know that I have a dog and I love her! I am not a crazy animal lover, but I do love my dog! I can't believe I am going to say this but I think you should find a good home for your puppy very soon...before it gets too hard to give her away. Does that sound harsh?

If you have 3 kids, a dog, work, and do all the other "mom things" you do not have time for another animal. If your husband wanted a dog , why doesn't he take care of her? Sorry!

#5432 - 01/14/03 09:55 PM Re: The best defense is...
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
THE PERFECT SOLUTIONS FOR PUPPY AND HUSBAND PROBLEMS: (CHOOSE ONE)

1. if you have separate closets..place puppy along with food and water bowls in hubby's closet while you are at work thus alleviating the need for you to leave work and clean up the poop off of "your" oriental carpets and the puppy chewing "your" things.

2. use hubby's car as the dog's crate for training...of course leave the window cracked to avoid animal cruelty. (we are only out for hubby cruelty here)

3. the next time everyone is hungry for dinnertime and hubby is screaming about poor you or any other gripe towards you simply remind them it is time for you to walk the poor puppy...slam out of the door and take a very long walk and get yourself and puppy a treat. preferably something the puppy can poop all over your husbands side of the bed tomorrow.

#5433 - 01/15/03 04:31 PM Re: The best defense is...
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
You all are too much! I love this site! I love the suggestions about the closet and the car. Oh dear, me, what would he do if the pup pooped in his beloved car? Oh that was a laugh I really needed. When I got home from work yesterday, the dog had escaped from the pen....she'd made quite a mess of my house. I was ready to drown her...but then I realized that she's a puppy and she needs training and that is not her fault. So my 11 year old daughter, (aka minime) came home and immediately took the dogs for a walk so that I could take a real walk, alone. Now isn't it sad that an 11 year old has more sense and responsibility than a 42 year old male?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved