The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54146 - 04/13/06 02:55 AM Re: Katie Couric
chowhuahua Offline

Loc: Dallas
well the today show has always been my show in the morning. i like the chemistry katie & matt have, even if it happens to be all for show...i think meredith will be quite capable of filling her shoes...i think alot of katie's appeal came from her just being so damn cute & perky when she first came on the show & willingness to give the BS right back to that Gumbel character, plus the tragedy that everyone watched her go through. she may be somewhat of a fluff reporter but given the chance, i think she'll do well. worth all the money? thats another subject entirely

#54147 - 04/13/06 04:51 AM Re: Katie Couric
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Is cute and perky really worth 20 million a year for anybody, I think not. You could feed the entire worlds poor population with half that amount....shops target my patute!!!

#54148 - 04/13/06 05:21 AM Re: Katie Couric
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Imagine what advertising on a station that pays that much for cute and perky adds to the cost of goods sold. I could do a lot MORE target shopping if I weren't paying all those advertising dollars.

But I guess somebody's gotta' do it. If not her then it might be someone not even as likeable. However, I don't think she has very much hard news reporting experience at all and maybe that's one of the problems with the media. They don't hire qualified journalists so we get gossip instead of news.

smile

#54149 - 04/14/06 04:56 AM Re: Katie Couric
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
The nanny is the one who shops target.

Katie is not my favorite morning show host, but maybe I'll like her better if she is more neutral.

Daisygirl

#54150 - 04/15/06 07:02 AM Re: Katie Couric
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
No really, Katie shops at Target. She's known to be very tight with her money and still drives a very old Honda or some car like that. She's extremely frugal. Believe it or not, it's true.

#54151 - 04/15/06 02:15 AM Re: Katie Couric
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
I'm with you Chatty - I'm not overly fond of Katie. I think she's cute and perky, no doubt, but she's also very inappropriate at times. I realize morning news shows have to be entertaining but not down right comical! Perky doesn't sell me on the news. Granted, I am thrilled a Boomer woman is given this opportunity, but Katie? I enjoy a little humor injected on occasion but unless she's able to maintain the seriousness the nightly news deserves I'll switch channels!

I happen to like Bob Scheiffer and can't imagine her taking over for such a mature, respected news persona.

Tami

#54152 - 04/15/06 09:30 PM Re: Katie Couric
Loralee Offline

I do enjoy watching Katie on the morning show. What a great example to all of us for the success she has earned. Yeah, she can be perky and entertaining so but are lots of men, and I am hopeful she be as successful on the evening news.

#54153 - 04/30/06 10:00 PM Re: Katie Couric
designergrl Offline

Loc: North Texas
And don't forget to read this....

The Debate- Getting Real (Couric or Viera)

http://designergrl.wordpress.com/2006/04/26/ok-lets-see-if-this-works/

designergrl

#54154 - 05/02/06 03:45 AM Re: Katie Couric
maggie2 Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Personally I don't mind Katie Couric. It's always a plus when a boomer gal gets ahead, IMO. I want to see far more women moving up and beyond where they are now. I hope she does really well and is a credit to all of us boomer gals.

#54155 - 05/03/06 03:05 AM Re: Katie Couric
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm inclined to toss my hat in the ring with Maggie and the rest. Go Katie!

To me the debate shouldn't be whether or not she's qualified, but whether or not things have gotten out of control with salaries to celebrities, TV personalities, atheletics, etc...when our men and women put in harms way every day are making barely above minimum wage! Fireman....policemen and women! Military!

These people put their very lives on the line EVERY DAY.

I say bless Katie's heart if she can get it, and more power to her....but I would have a hard time looking a fireman or policeman/woman in the face and saying she was worth it. (Queen stepping down from soapbox)

JJ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved