The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#53973 - 04/30/06 08:21 PM Re: Gas Prices
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
In my new job, I bid on natural gas and fuel oil for about 50+ school districts. I work from the commodity exchange to do this. So I get up to the minute reporting on what the market is doing.

The latest is that the UN declared Iran is in violation of treaties and are considering sanctions. The large oil producing countries use their oil supply as power instead of main economy supply for thier countries. Therefore, we know Iran will react and not favorably. Natural gas dropped on Fridya by $1.00 dcth. This won't last and by Friday next week it will be up that $1. and maybe more.

The fuel oil barket is driving the natural gas market. Their is more in reserves than has been for the past decade at this time of year. We have plenty of fuel. Specualtion is driving the market sky high. Most buyers of gas on the exchange are investors aned will never see any fuel. The users (in my case the schools) only make up 20% of the purchasers on the market. So buy some gas, wait for it to go up and sell to the guy who needs the fuel, the guy who will use it in his fields or drive the kids to school etc.

Check your portfolios and see if your financial advisor -put oil in your portfolio to make a buck. Many have and this too is contributing to the rising price. The distributor is not making the money and is having the same problems we are are. The oil exectuvies are doing well and the portfolio owners are doing well.

Bio-fuels have been on the market since 1946. They are fine for all combustible engines. A bit cheaper but harder to obtain. Once we all begin to use them and demand them we will be able to get it cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.
Lynn

#53974 - 04/30/06 08:47 PM Re: Gas Prices
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

Ladies - if you go to the above link and put in your zip code - it will tell you the cheapest gas prices in your area.

#53975 - 04/30/06 08:55 PM Re: Gas Prices
almostangel Offline

Loc: Kansas City
WOW ! Thanks Lion.

#53976 - 04/30/06 08:57 PM Re: Gas Prices
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Terrific Lion.

Thank you.

smile

#53977 - 05/01/06 03:06 AM Re: Gas Prices
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Gasoline in Venezuela costs twelve cents a gallon. It's even cheaper in other So. American countries.

I'd still rather live in the USA!

#53978 - 05/01/06 04:31 AM Re: Gas Prices
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Most of the nations oil is being sucked up by China making the prices rise as well...In Venezuela I understand no one can afford to buy a car unless they're one of the rich. The middle class and the poor ride bikes, scooters and donkeys...

[ April 30, 2006, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#53979 - 05/01/06 10:11 PM Re: Gas Prices
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
One of the reasons people don't use public transportation as we should is because of time constraints. We are so busy, we don't have time to wait for a bus, train, metro, etc. Pretty sad state of affairs.

#53980 - 05/02/06 03:57 AM Re: Gas Prices
maggie2 Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I live in Canada and the gas prices are just as bad here as they are in the USA. It's really expensive to fill up. I'm working out some ways I can use my vehicle less and I try to organize my trips so I get everything done at one time.

We keep our heat quite low in winter and use extra blankets. We were lucky this winter as it was fairly mild all season.

#53981 - 05/02/06 05:24 PM Re: Gas Prices
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I live deep into a neighborhood, in order to get to any public transportation, (bus stop) I would have to walk way too far. We used to have a bus service here that picked you up right at your home but that is gone now. It cost $2.00 to go anywhere in our town (which is 50 miles large) A very good deal but I never needed it. They may still have it for the senior citizens, not sure.
It's a shame, I've only lived here 2 1/2 years and so many of the special services have disappeared in that short time. They used to come up our driveways for the weekly trash pick-up, now we have to bring it to the curb. I wouldn't mind but they are charging MORE now too!

[ May 02, 2006, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]

#53982 - 05/03/06 07:42 AM Re: Gas Prices
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
If we were in charge, how would we want this changed? Would we keep high prices so people conserve more, yet increase public transportation? Who would pay? Would we ramp up work on alternative energy and start a PR campagn (that word doesn't look right, but you know what I mean! LOL)? Would we work with each other to find ways of saying that making a bundle on a commodities market by manipulating other's emotions may be the American way, but it's not consistent with our values? Or maybe it is?

Will we be creative in our consumption? Where do you buy your food? Can you live with seasonal food from your area? (I know this doesn't work in winter.) What about shopping? Do you pay a little more and buy from a local store which gets goods locally, or a megastore that gets stuff from China and India?

It's the choices we make every day. It's our intentions. It's our language. It's our values. All of this makes the difference.

peace

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved