The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#53177 - 06/08/04 10:14 AM Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
A friend of mine sent me an email this morning regarding the discipline of those who guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Being ever the skeptic that I am, I had to find something to back up what she told me. You know, there's so much on the web that you can almost find anything to support any issue but this was very interesting to me. I found this web site, just in case you have a few minutes to look at it.
http://www.bend.com/news/ar_view^3Far_id^3D3252.htm
Kate

#53179 - 06/08/04 12:59 PM Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Amen to that Speakermom, the media would love for us to continue to behave like sheep and just follow along blindly with whatever we're told...We're to smart for that, WOMEN RULE!!!

#53180 - 06/08/04 03:22 PM Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That was a very interesting link and I enjoyed the read. Thanks for taking the time to find it and post it for us all.

JJ

#53181 - 06/08/04 09:45 PM Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Great info to pass on. Hurray for our servicemen, who bravely do so much for our country! Thanks for sharing it!

#53182 - 06/09/04 03:15 AM Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Heyyy... remember I work for a newspaper, and we get slammed either way. Either people think we're a liberal rag or if we don't believe their way we're uptight conservatives. Granted, we're in the business to sell papers, it IS a business after all, but really and truly, we are just supposed to give the information, as objective as possible.

In any case, that has nothing to do with the comments. I really thought that the service requirements were so very impressive about those soldiers. The sense of duty, of respect and complete selflessness almost brought tears to my eyes. There's something so very inspiring about their sense of loyalty and patriotism that makes one (like me) speechless. So I thought it was a really neat thing to pass on to those I know would appreciate it.

Kate

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved