The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5302 - 04/08/06 07:06 AM kids and screens!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone else have teens who sit in front of screens when they're home?

It drives me crazy.

I mean really crazy!

Fortunately, they have jobs, go to school and hang out with their friends, but when they ARE home they're watching TV, in front of the computer, or on a lap top. Oh, or on their cell phones.

And this is a home where we allowed them two half-hour shows as kids and monitored what they watched.

When my oldest is home from college and watches TV and has his lap top on the sofa right smack next to him.

When these kids marry, will they still do this? If so, I feel sorry for their spouses...but they'll probably do the same dang thing.

Our youngest is 17 so this battle is basically over for me. Thank God.

What goes on in other households? I'd love to know...

#5303 - 04/07/06 08:54 PM Re: kids and screens!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Unfortunately this generation grew up with a variety of screens as part of their life. I'm sure it will always be a part of their life, long into their adult years.

My husband grew up this way, and he's also a computer programmer. So screens are always in front of him. Yes, when he gets home from work, out comes the laptop. It stays on until he's ready for bed. He's not always working on it, or playing a game with it, but it's on, in case an e-mail comes through that he needs to deal with, or something happens to one of the websites he manages.

Do I get jealous of the screen sometimes. Yeah, I'd be weird if I didn't. But we talk, and I ask for "no computer" time and he's good about giving it.

#5304 - 04/07/06 09:36 PM Re: kids and screens!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
It's especially fun when the hubby brings the laptop with him on vacation. It's like an extra appendage and he can't leave home without it!

Dotsie, my kids are the same way, but fortunately they both still enjoy a good book once in a while too.

#5305 - 04/08/06 06:11 AM Re: kids and screens!
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Yep, sure is a sign of the times.
My husband will be on the computer, with both tv's that are in our living room on (long story on that) and with both tv's showing 2 channels at once and still be able to pay attention to you and talk on the phone at the same time. I can sort of do that lol.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved