The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52694 - 04/10/03 05:04 PM what a day...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't know about anyone else in here but I have had very mixed emotions about this war. I guess I am a little Pollyanna in my thinking that it sure would have been nice to settle this with words.

Anyway, I saw the most moving photo online yesterday. An Iraqi man was kissing one of our soldiers(in full uniform)on the cheek. Their expressions spoke a thousand words. It was a very close-up shot and the smile on our soldier was beautiful, ear to ear. The gratitude revealed in the Iraqi man's face was beyond words.

#52695 - 04/11/03 03:40 PM Re: what a day...
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
As skeptical as I was (and am) about political motives for this war....the joy I see on the faces of Iraqis experiencing their first taste of freedom in decades is amazing. I pray that the leaders of the countries involved will quickly put programs in place to feed, to educate and to heal these people who have lived in fear for so many years.

#52696 - 04/12/03 04:15 AM Re: what a day...
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
No one wants to have war and lose our young people in faraway lands for people we don't even know. But seeing and hearing what those people have put up with from Saddam for so many years, I am glad we are finishing this war. Its not surprising that the Iraqis were reluctant to trust us and stand up to Saddam themselves. After all, the first President Bush let them down, so to speak, when he listened to the UN and pulled out of Iraq before Saddam was ousted. The Iraqis denied they were abused back then, because they knew if they didn't, their lives and the lives of their families would be as disposable as toilet paper by the Saddam regime. The Coalition forces are finding evidence of the weapons of mass destruction that had been warned about. I'm only surprised that these have not been used more than they have. Apparently, we got to them before the Iraqis were ready to use them. Which means, we have done the right thing by invading Iraq and doing away with this evil regime. Our losses have been minimal, and many of the losses have been accidental deaths, with planes crashing, and other unfortunate mishaps.
I could go on about this, but don't want to bore you with facts that are so well known. I guess I am a big fan of G.W. and back him 100%. And I pray for our soldiers safe and speedy return.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved