The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52375 - 12/26/05 07:32 PM grandchildren at Christmas
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've had a couple of my sibling's grandchildren in the house the past few days and it added so much to our holidays.

Please tell me about your grandchildren this Christmas....

#52376 - 12/27/05 06:42 AM Re: grandchildren at Christmas
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I have four grandsons. NO Girls! We have two dtrs. and my husband walks on water according to his grandsons.
Ages 10, 6, 6, and 23 mos.
The 10 year old is into "style" he informed me.
The two 6 yr. old cousins are a blast to watch. One minute they love each other, the next minute they hate each other.
What can I say about the 23 mos. grandson? He's absolutely precious!
He has my eyes, my smile, and my personality, already!
I call all of them my Bad Boyz.
Watching them on Christmas Eve(at my dtrs. inlaws) was so much fun. Wrapping paper flying all over the place.
Then Christmas Day was more subdued. Thank goodness. My oldest dtr. had it at her place.
The two 6 year olds got what I guess you would call guns, that you pump, and it shoots out rubber balls at 5,000 mph!!!!
The 10 yr old was very happy with his Ipod. Don't have any idea about them, but sure like to learn so I could have one to use in the gym.
Then the "baby" got a giant Elmo from his Auntie, and I swear I thought he was going to faint when he saw it. ELMO!!! ELMO!!! is all he could say for about 10 minutes.
Then he got Elmo that does a silly chicken dance.
Just to funny!
I could go on and on about my grandkids, but so could all the other grandma's in this wonderful place.
Christmas is so much for the little ones.
We decided as a family that we will no longer draw names, but give the money that we allow for the gifts to the Foster Child program here in our area.
My youngest dtr. had a foster child for a few months, but then had to stop because she became pregnant, and it was just to hard.
All of the adults really don't need anything, so we thought that would be a good idea for next year.
Would love to hear more about other ladies grandkids!
Lynne

#52377 - 12/28/05 08:53 AM Re: grandchildren at Christmas
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynne, love those grandchildren much? I can feel it in your post.

You said that the adults don't need anything. It's the truth. But I have so much fun picking htings out for them. I wish I could stop...

#52378 - 12/28/05 12:15 AM Re: grandchildren at Christmas
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
We bought the older grandkids mostly electronic stuff and it was fun for Dan to shop for that, but I loved shopping for the two smallest, a boy 2 and a girl 18 mo.

I found them very small bicycles with training wheels that made them more like tricycles. The boy's was primary colors and the girl's was pink and lavender. They were so cute and the kids just hopped on them and took off.

When Dan was putting them together in the great room he kept calling me to look because they were so cute. We also got them all a lot of small toys and each of the youngest got a monkey that made monkey noise and kicked his feet. They were so funny with those.

I'm such a Christmas freak. I just loved it this year as I always do.

smile

#52379 - 12/28/05 01:08 AM Re: grandchildren at Christmas
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I bought Clayton a remote control dinosaur and he really liked it. He gets so much since there are 4 sets of grandparents.

My sister's grandbaby was there and Clayton is so sweet with the babies. He pats them on the head and it is so adorable.

While we were there my nephew called from Iraq and everyone got to say hi. He left only a few days after his son was born. He said there was a 4 hour wait to make a phone call.

Now it's back to real life.

Daisygirl

#52380 - 12/28/05 04:56 PM Re: grandchildren at Christmas
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, I haven't heard of kids getting bikes for Christmas in so long. I'm glad to hear they still do something physical.

Daisy, thanks for sharing the story of your nephew in Iraq. My heart breaks for those who leave newborns. One of our friends left right after his son was born and returned to find him twice his size. He is heading back for another six month assignment in January.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved