The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52212 - 10/02/05 06:57 PM # 1 for me
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm going to be a grandmother. I've been trying to figure out where to post this. I guess this is the place. [Smile]

Today we are christening my husband's granddaughter and last week we found out that my daughter is pregnant. They are firsts for both of us. It seems like once one got the ball rolling, it started something. [Smile]

The new one is due June 1. I've already been shopping. It's what I do best. [Roll Eyes]
Louisa

#52213 - 10/02/05 08:06 PM Re: # 1 for me
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
[Big Grin]
Louisa I am so thrilled for you!

There is nothing like being a grandma for the first time!
My first grandchild, my daughter's son, is now six months old and is as precious as ever to me!

#52214 - 10/03/05 02:53 AM Re: # 1 for me
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Louisa,

Congratulations on your good news! I also am going to me a first time grandma in March. My son and wife have been married for nine years so we had about given up. October 27th they'll find out what the sex is, so we are all anxious.

Sandpiper

#52215 - 10/03/05 05:13 AM Re: # 1 for me
Louisa Offline

Thank, Bookie. I'll bet the six months has flown by.

Congratulations to you too, Sandpiper. My daughter and her husband will be married 5 years in Dec. so I know what you mean. She says she is not going to find out what the sex is, but I don't think she can hold out. I'm dying to know so I'll know what color to buy. I've been buying neutral stuff so far, but I want to buy the cute little pink outfits so much.
Louisa

#52216 - 10/03/05 11:10 PM Re: # 1 for me
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Congratulations Louisa! You will LOVE being a grandma! It's like reliving the best part of child-rearing, but not the worst. I have a 3 1/2 yr. old grandson who will probably be my last since I only have one son. I make the most of my time with him.

Daisygirl

#52217 - 10/04/05 09:58 PM Re: # 1 for me
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats. There are fun days ahead for you and your family.

I am celebrating with my sister as she awaits the birth of her first grandchild next month.

#52218 - 10/05/05 03:58 AM Re: # 1 for me
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
quote:
Originally posted by Louisa:
She says she is not going to find out what the sex is, but I don't think she can hold out. I'm dying to know so I'll know what color to buy. I've been buying neutral stuff so far, but I want to buy the cute little pink outfits so much.
Louisa

Oh Louisa!

I just have to tell you this story....

My daughter swore they were going to keep the sex of the baby a secret from everyone! I told her "You can't keep that secret from me! I'm the grandmother, I have to go shopping!!"

I didn't tell her but, my gut feeling was that she was going to have a beautiful baby girl that she would go shopping with and buy all those pink, frilly, clothes.
But then...I went to visit them when she was about 4 months along, of course....to go shopping for the baby. We kept finding the cutest little boy clothes but the first outfit we bought was baby's first Levi outfit, jacket, pants & hat that could be worn by either a boy or a girl.

We had the usual conversations talking about names and all. She was still a month away from finding out the sex of the baby so there was a lot of speculation going on.

That night I had the most incredible dream!

In my dream, I was being awoken by the three dogs and two cats bounding on the bed and then this beautiful little blond haired blue-eyed boy crawled into my arms.

His diapers were hanging down from his cute little bottom and as I picked him up I said

"You're losing your britches"
And while pulling the diaper up I nuzzled into his little neck smothering him with kisses and he said...

"Don't bite me grandma!"

I said "Grandma wouldn't bite you, she's just giving you loves"

And then, I woke up. It was so real. I just lay there in amazement. I knew then that my first grandchild was going to be a beautiful blue-eyed blond boy. And guess what...he is.

And even though he's too young to talk now, I already know what his voice will sound like when he say's "Don't bite me Grandma"

Well, I knew that after I told my daughter about the dream that there was no way that she could keep from confirming the sex of my grandchild.

They held out until a week before Christmas when we received their Christmas card which was a duplicate ultrasound picture. There was no question he was a boy! He was at full salute! [Big Grin]

#52219 - 10/05/05 05:04 AM Re: # 1 for me
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Congratulations Sandpiper and Louisa. You are tickled pink? or is that blue [Wink] Bookie, that's quite a dream...story now to pass on to him.
chick

#52220 - 11/22/05 08:14 AM Re: # 1 for me
Louisa Offline

That's a cute story, Bookie. I'm holding out for a girl. It's still a little soon to know. I do think she will want to know too. I know my daughter. She won't be able to stand the suspense.

Louisa

#52221 - 11/22/05 08:17 AM Re: # 1 for me
Louisa Offline

Oh, I almost forgot. We just got word from my step-daughter that we have yet another on the way. My daughter is due June 1st. Step-daughter is due July 2. That will make 3 within a year. We went from zero to three in lightning speed.
Louisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved