The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52142 - 06/11/05 07:16 AM #8 on the way!!
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I just had to let you all know. Daughter Becky is expecting again. This will make 8 grandchildren for us. Becky has 3 kids now, 2 girls and a boy. They are hoping for another boy this time, but will be crazy about either gender.
It will be a challenge for Becky with the babysitting situation. I may have to open a daycare! LOL!
The new baby is due sometime in February.

#52143 - 08/29/05 03:14 AM Re: #8 on the way!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can't imagine so many little ones running about the place unless in my case they are puppies or kittens. Say a daycare seems like a great idea. How is your Becky doing? The time is getting nearer, well 6 months goes alot faster now then it use to or is that just when we grow older? [Big Grin]

#52144 - 08/29/05 06:13 PM Re: #8 on the way!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi country, congrats. I can't imagine having four children these days. We were at a party on Sauturday and a friend announced she's pregnant with her fifth. We are friends with the grandmother and I thought for a minute we might have to apply CPR. [Big Grin]

What is Becky's babysitting situation?

Anyone grandmothers in here watch their granchildren so the parents can work?

#52145 - 08/30/05 07:11 AM Re: #8 on the way!!
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Congrats! We're awaiting the arrival of our 4th (and likely, final) grandchild. When my granddaughter asked how I could love ANOTHER (boy) grandchild, I told her that Grandma's have a special heart that gets just a little bit bigger with each grandchild. That way, my heart has a special place for each of them, always. Her reply: "Well, I guess that explains those boobs of yours, Grandma!"

I watched my granddaughter while my DIL was finishing her masters degree, but since the birth, I've only watched grandkids for extended periods like when they went on a cruise or something. I find a week is about my limit. Funny, I don't remember getting old and set in my ways, but I sure do like my house QUIET!!!

#52146 - 08/31/05 09:01 PM Re: #8 on the way!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
fifty, what a funny grandkid. Where does she get that sense of humor, or didn't she know she was being funny? oops...

#52147 - 09/01/05 10:54 PM Re: #8 on the way!!
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Congrats- girl
You're one up on me!!!

#52148 - 09/02/05 12:30 AM Re: #8 on the way!!
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
fifty, what a funny grandkid. Where does she get that sense of humor, or didn't she know she was being funny? oops...

Oh, she KNOWS when she's being funny--only three-year-old I ever met capable of actual sarcasm. Love her to death, but she really is a fourteen-yr-old in a five-yr-old body, including the heavy sighs and rolling eyes.

It's not just Grandma pride when I say she is gifted, but there's such a disparity between her intellectual and chronological/emotional ages.

She get her brain power (and her wicked sense of humor) from a long line of "brilliance" in my family, and unfortunately, she gets her mouth from the combo of her grandma and her mom (men really do go out and marry their mothers, which is EXACTLY what my son did.)

Oh well, like my pediatrician once told me about my own daughter: The very things that make her impossible as a child, will make her a brilliant and productive adult--ahem--if you just let her live!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved