The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#52098 - 04/23/05 07:05 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, how often do you get to see the kids?

I know I have no control over this, but I hope my grandkids are in town when that time rolls around.

#52099 - 04/23/05 07:09 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Last day of grandbeauty sitting --

The kids should be almost half way home by now -- we decided to stay at our house last night as the puppy is forgetting all her housebreaking training and the other two dogs have bags under their eyes from not sleeping well at night

All went pretty well last night -- but this morning has been a little hectic -- with the energy level of everyone being just a tad high [Razz] I live in a smaller modular home -- it once fit my husband and I and our two small dogs but seems to shrink daily with this new puppy. I swear she lays down for a nap and wakes up bigger ! Anyway - after Belle shared her breakfast with the dogs [Eek!] and I got my husband off to play tennis (HE OWES ME BIG TIME [Smile] ) I decided that the best way to solve everyones problem - well -- MINE -- was to bring out the ole play pen -- NOOooo not for ME [Smile]

soooo at this particular moment - Belle is sitting in her playpen watching Sesame Street -- puppy has finally worn herself out trying to climb IN the playpen with her and I have 2 minutes to myself to hurry and post this before everyone realizes they arent the center of my attention [Big Grin]

One nice thing about all this is that I have NO TIME for work -- so I get a few minutes to sneak in here and check up on you ladies [Cool]

Gotta run -- puppy just found the clean clothes basket - so now I have to wash them all again - just as soon as I gather my husbands underwear from the porch and his sock from under the bed [Eek!]

#52100 - 04/24/05 12:48 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Does the new puppy belong to you, or the kids?

#52101 - 04/24/05 03:48 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
lionspaaw Offline

The puppy is ours [Eek!]

The lady broker I have my real estate license under also has a german shephard kennel (Katzenblut.com) --

Dakota was 2 days old when her mom stepped on her stomach and more or less left her for dead. When Shirley found her in the morning - she really didnt expect her to make it. I took her home to bottle feed her every 2 hours around the clock. She was allergic to cows milk, reacted to goats milk, had a HUGE wound on her back and neck that had to be drained 2x's a day for a couple of days and finally the vet opened the one on her back and we had to clean it and dress it 2x a day. LOOOooooonnnng story short -- by the time she was stable enough to go back to her mom and siblings she was so bonded to hubby, me and our two pomeranians that she wouldnt go back to her litter. SOOOOoo we know have a 4 month old 45 lb german shephard that thinks she's a pomeranian [Razz]

Her official name is Aponi Dakota - which means Butterfly Friend -- (Butterfly is the name of the pom that has taken over roll of mommy dog) and since the roll of Dakota is to be my companion and friend -- I thought the name fit [Big Grin]

Thank goodness -- puppies grow up faster than grandbeauty's [Big Grin]

#52102 - 04/24/05 06:20 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think you've earned a very long nap!

Dotsie, I see my grandkids about three times a year. I bring them out every summer without their parents. They act better that way.

#52103 - 04/25/05 06:51 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Butterfly friend? I recall your stories of butterflies and Robert. Right?

Dianne, that sounds like such fun. I bet they look forward to it all year.

#52104 - 04/26/05 04:43 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
lionspaaw Offline

"butterfly angels in roberts tree
fluttering this way and that way
free as can be

i love you my sweet child
and i miss you today
but butterfly angels let me
know you're okay

sunsets and rainbows more vivid
since you've arrived on the scene
peace finds my heart and
i'm more quiet and serene

so fly on my life child
free as can be
and thank you sweetheart
for butterfly angels in your tree"

Butterflies were how I knew everything would be okay when Robert died. When we got our pomeranian puppy 4 weeks later - there was never a doubt of what her name would be -- Butterfly [Smile]

I didnt tell you about Belle and her "eyes" (or did I ???) -- anyway - she's learning eyes, mouth, ears, etc etc and while we were driving in the car she was drawing on a piece of paper. She accidently poked a hole in the paper and sat there for a minute looking at it -- you could practically see her little mind working [Smile] and then she poked another hole in the paper next to the other one -- looked at me and said "EYES" [Big Grin]

#52105 - 04/27/05 07:04 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I also had the butterfly conncection with my recently departed aunt. And, there is a butterfly on my book cover.

Loved the eyes story. How sweet is that?

#52106 - 04/27/05 12:36 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
lionspaaw Offline

Dianne -

Have you noticed that a great deal of people that have lost loved ones relate to a butterfly connection ?

I started wondering if God wasn't trying to show us the metamorphosis from lowly crawl on their belly caterpillar to beautiful fluttering free spirited butterflies in reference to heaven and earth [Smile]

#52107 - 04/27/05 01:05 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

No, I never noticed it before. But I love the idea! My publisher, no doubt, saw the metamorphosis connection since she put it on my book cover. The butterfly is in front of a mirror.

I like to think of my aunt being as free as a butterfly and released from her earthly body that just didn't want to work anymore. She was a free spirit too so it's fitting.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved