The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#52088 - 04/21/05 12:50 AM i'm too old for this ;-)
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
long story short - the kids went to New Orleans to be with their sister who's roommate recently died -- at (literally) 30 min notice -- I am in charge of my grandbeauty for the next few days -- on top of my two spoiled rotten pomeranians - butterfly and angel -- and a 40 lb 4 month old german shephard puppy -- plus working at home --

NOW -- this was 45 min of my day today

i went to leave my house (we're staying at the kids house so grandbaby feels secure in her own bed and has all her own toys and i went over to check on the two pom's that are old enough to stay by themselves) -- i scooped up belle and the handful of stuff i needed to take back to the house for the night -- the dog gate allowing me out of the house (WITHOUT INCIDENT) fell down -- i'm half way down the 3 steps with everything in one hand -- belle in the other -- and butterfly gets out -- i drop everything -- except belle ;-) -- close the door -- put belle in the car -- call butterfly -- who comes to me expecting to get into the car -- walk her up to the door and realize i've locked myself out -- then i hear my house phone ringing -- so i put butterfly in the porch -- go to get the extra key from under the lawn mower -- belle starts screaming because she thinks shes been left alone (i'm not 7 feet from her) -- and my cell phone goes off -- it's work about a contract just faxed to us -- so now i've calmed belle down -- finished my phone call -- got the key into the door -- go inside to get my stuff before belle starts back up (still within 10 feet of her securely in her car seat and the doors open) -- and BOTH dogs get out ---Yaaaaaccckkk

long story short -- both dogs are now in the house -- belle is asleep in her own bed -- dakota (my german shephard puppy) has run herself out and back to sleep -- and here i sit -- quite -- with BEER IN HAND ;-)

#52089 - 04/21/05 01:42 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
AHHHHHHHHHH......the joys of Grandmotherhood! LOL....what a hilarious (but exhausting) 45 minutes in the life of Lionspaaw! I hope you have another brewski coolin' in the refrig for when you finish that one!

#52090 - 04/21/05 02:18 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
lionspaaw Offline

[Smile] oh its there

i just dont have the energy to get up and GET IT [Big Grin]

#52091 - 04/21/05 03:09 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hysterical now but a real disaster at the time. If this was a show on TV it would have to be the Carol Burnett show.....stay strong grandma!! [Big Grin]

#52092 - 04/21/05 03:29 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh girl, I've been there. I owned a Dairy Queen and said yes when my daughter asked me to babysit her four month old daughter. My word. I would get up an hour earlier than normal to feed and bathe her and then, she'd load her diaper so I'd have to start again. I took her to my store and she was such a good baby but it was hard working and taking care of her. One of the girls that worked for me took her home with her one afternoon to help me out. I was just exhausted after four days of this. But, the two of us are really close today and she's 12 years old and I wouldn't trade that time together for the world.

#52093 - 04/21/05 04:50 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
lionspaaw Offline

I do love being with Belle [Smile] This isn't the first time we've had her for a few days in a row but she was much younger the last time.

The energy of a two year old is just unbelievable ! She's "testing" me alot - seeing what she can get away with -- but it's like riding a bike -- you never forget that "moms voice".

One great thing about this last few days -- I ALMOST have her vocabulary down [Razz] I still have to guess at a few of words but she's learned to grab my finger and just take me over to what she wants [Big Grin] she just melts me when she says "Ohhh Grandma" in that "ohhh silly you" tone of voice

What was frustrating about yesterday was I PLANNED AHEAD -- you know -- not like when I was young and just plowed ahead [Smile] Put the dog gate up - made sure I had everything in hand so I wouldnt have to go back in the house - left the puppy at home so I only had to deal with one baby at a time -- so what happened [Big Grin] Just goes to show you -- life is unpredictable

What I didn't tell you about all this is that because the dogs got out and put me behind that 15 min -- we may very well have missed the terrible car accident that happened just shortly before we got there [Eek!] our guardian angel watching over us once again [Smile]

But now I've had a good nights sleep and I'm raring to go -- I may actually make it until NOON today !! [Big Grin]

#52094 - 04/21/05 05:29 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lion, what a story. I guess you were in the right place at the right time. Hectic it may have been, but it was the place to be...

Dianne, I didn't know you were a grandma of a 12 year old. She's the same age as my granddaughter. Does she live close to you.

chick

#52095 - 04/21/05 06:26 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lion, you are so smart to look for the good in everything. Bless you.

Have fun with Belle. My daughter had her sitting still for about an hour. You might want to try this. She let Belle paint her own toe nails. She had a blast. And was very good at getting the polish on the nail. This might work if you need a breather. Just be sure to have lots of paper towels around her.

#52096 - 04/21/05 11:27 PM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Lion, I'm glad you found God's blessing in being late. I always try not to stress when I get behind the power curve like that because - like you - it could have been me in that accident - and being late saved the day...literally. I hate being late but being 'permanently late' is a lot worse!

#52097 - 04/22/05 12:18 AM Re: i'm too old for this ;-)
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I just realized she's 13, not 12. I have six of these young critters. 17,16,13,11,6 & 5. Still have two unmarried kids so might end up with more and they all live in AZ [Frown]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved