The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#51961 - 09/20/04 03:56 PM something special
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you have any special activities you do with your grandchildren? Any little routines when they visit like reading, walking, baking, teaching them something new?

#51962 - 09/20/04 09:08 PM Re: something special
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have always been especially close to my oldest grandson. He is the one I was too young for and totally unprepared for and not at all appreciative of before he was born, but who turned out to be the most wonderful blessing in the world.

When he was around two, we spent a lot of time together. We must have watched one of those Disney sing along videos a million times. I bought others, but he only liked the one.
We would both sing at the top of our lungs to every song. He loved it so much, he would applaud when the FBI copyright warning came on the screen. Even now, when he is the only one here we sometimes take out that video and we laugh and applaud at the copyright warning. It's a family joke.
There are so many special memories with each of my grandkids, I could go on forever. They make me a child again and I smile just remembering our times together. They were all here this weekend and once again, we had a blast.
smile

#51963 - 09/23/04 08:26 PM Re: something special
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Smile, you grew up with grandparents around didn't you?

The last of mine died when I was three years young. I don't remember any of them. [Frown]

#51964 - 09/24/04 06:31 AM Re: something special
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I did grow up around grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and kinfolks on every farm for miles around. It was a wonderful way to grow up. Dots, sounds like you had a wonderful upbringing as well. It could only have been better with living grandparents.
I loved my grandparents and now I love my grandchildren. They get all the spoiling they want when they're here. No bedtime. Anything they want to eat any time they want it. As much swimming as they want. Exploring the creek. Riding up and down a huge hill to the creek. Helping with cooking. Basically anything they want. Hey everyone needs some place to be a kid.
And they really repay me for all that. They just love me and let me love them.
They're great and I hope I'm great for them.
Dots, take my word for it. Even if you are a young grandma, you'll love it. I was young when the first one came along and not one bit happy about being called grandma. Now I just love hearing that word. It's usually followed by a giggle.
smile

#51965 - 09/26/04 12:03 PM Re: something special
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When my sons step daughter and step son were very little I took them to the pool alot and to Mc Donalds play lands. Then as they grew older we went to movies and fairs and rode go carts etc. Then when his son, my grandson Jason was born it started all over again except he and I started playing pool when he was eight and do to this day, he's 13 now. Some times all three kids go with me and the other two are 22 and 19 now but we still have fun together. They tell their friends that I'm "cool." An Academy award wouldn't mean as much to me as that.... [Big Grin]

#51966 - 09/26/04 06:39 PM Re: something special
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, I bet you are a cool grandmother. You have to tell Sherri you play pool. She plays in tournaments. Oh...you know that. SHe came to Vegas for one, right?

#51967 - 09/27/04 01:33 PM Re: something special
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks Dotsie and yes Sherri did come here for a pool tournament. I am no longer in tournament shape but once was and made some money hustling pool. When my ex had his bar we had a couple of tables and when it rained the Irom workers would hang artound and wed played pool....Both my sons are expert players and Jasons not bad either. It makes for a fun time for us. [Big Grin]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved