The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#51875 - 12/01/03 07:23 PM grandchildren?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How many of you have grandchildren?

Curious to know if you are repeating the generational thing by interacting with your grandchildren the way your parents interact/interacted with your children?

Any thoughts?

#51876 - 12/05/03 02:57 AM Re: grandchildren?
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
i just went to florida for the thanksgiving holiday to spend time with my one and only granddaughter. she is sooo beautiful. her mom and dad have her on such a routined schedule that she is the PERFECT baby!!! no fuss no muss. i swear it is unbelievable! the cutest thing she does at seven months old is give ESKIMO KISSES!!!! YOU GO TO KISS HER AND SHE RUBS YOUR NOSE AND GIVES ESKIMO KISSES. I LOVE IT! we have it on video. she is so amazing. the thing about it is, i always lived away from my parents, as you know, as well. they visited my children, (their grandchildren) too. it was so wierd travelling to see the grandbaby. i felt what i considered to be the same excitedness my mom and dad must have felt coming to see my kids. they must have loved it! i find myself doing alot of the same things mom did with my kids and starting my own new things with her. i have little songs i have written and sing to her. nothing special just little songs that i sing when i change her or rock her to sleep. i feel like they will be the same songs i will sing to her in some form or fashion for the rest of my life with her. i look so forward to the time and traditions i will cherish with her....and any more grands that may come my way!

#51877 - 12/05/03 05:38 AM Re: grandchildren?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
gald to see you back and posting nillawafer also glad to hear you got to spend some time with the grandbaby. give her an eskimo kiss for me when you see her next.

#51878 - 12/05/03 06:11 AM Re: grandchildren?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
it sounds sooo cute! My son has been married three years and everytime they come over, I sit and look at them longingly...they just roll their eyes at me. I love to hear about other people's experiences with their grandchildren...they truly are God's gift to us for sure!

Enjoy!

#51879 - 12/06/03 09:23 AM Re: grandchildren?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
My husband and I took four of our grandchildren to a Christian version of the Nutcracker tonight. It was a blast. They were all so much fun and well behaved too. They discussed the performance like professional critics.

We were so proud of them. What fun to have an excuse to be a kid again. Somehow it also drew us closer. We took the kids home then drove around looking at the Christmas lights and listening to the oldie station. What a nice evening.

smile

#51880 - 12/08/03 06:54 PM Re: grandchildren?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
My step daughter (31) announced several years ago that she was not going to have children. So far, she is living up to that announcement. She does not date a man long enough to even think about marriage.

My husband and I pondered for a great while and I knew God wanted us, actually demanded, that we adopt a baby. And we did. Five years ago this month, Nathan came into our lives and changed them for the better.

Now, motherhood at this age is something that should never be contemplated. The thought is way too scary. But once you are in the deep end of the pool you realize it is all water anyway!

Nathan asks me if I will come to take care of his babies whenhe becomes a man. I tellhim you betcha-wild horses won't be able to keep me from my brandbabies! He has decided that I can live with him and his babies. No mention of a wife yet but I am sure that will evolve.

[Roll Eyes]

#51881 - 02/08/04 05:42 AM Re: grandchildren?
scootermammy Offline

I am not doing what my mom did for my kids. There must be something seriously wrong with me because my daughter and granddaughter live right next door (with my mom) and I almost never go over there to see them! The kid is cute, she's four years old, and the typically precocious brat of today (my two daughters were sweet little girls). I live alone and do not date or work so it's not like I have other things to do...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved