The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#51619 - 08/07/04 12:47 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Joyce, to answert your question you might try :
PAINT BY NUMBERS. Some of he pictures are so beautiful, its easy and very relaxing as well and you have a lovely picture when done..

#51620 - 08/10/04 05:56 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
An update on how we're doing:
I wanted to let you know that last night, I had a chance to pray with two sisters-in-the-Lord from the prayer group that I was a member of for 27 years - I only stopped going because I needed to spend time with Jordon. The instant those two dear sisters laid hands on my shoulders and began to pray, I was filled with a peace that surpassed understanding. One of them prayed that whenever I entered into the Lord's presence to pray that I would remember that Jordon was in the Lord's presence, also - so our spirits would be close together whenever I was praying and that really helped. I also take comfort in the thought that at least we had him in our lives for almost four years, and he touched so many lives - even the lives of a lot of people who never met him or our family.

I returned to work yesterday but will be off again on Friday since my brother- and sister-in-law from Florida are coming in for the memorial service on Saturday, and they will be staying at our house. I'm really glad they could come. I also have a favorite cousin whom I haven't seen for about 5 years, coming from California and some other cousins are coming from New Hampshire. All of that helps us to heal since you can focus on others for a while. I am currently making a list of things I can do to fill the void that Jordon's passing has created in my life. For the past three years, my life has been devoted to Jordon and my daughter, so there is a very big hole. But I know that God will come and wrap His arms around me whenever I need Him. He never goes away, and I can always find Him.

It means so much to me to know that all of my BWS sisters have been holding us up in prayer. I've received some wonderful help in private messages from a lot of you. I thank God that I found this site when I did.

Now, if I could just find this kind of support for my husband (and he would accept it!) since he's the one who is recently retired and will be at home by himself.

Thankfully, my daughter has a lot of wonderful friends who have literally held her up through this past week. Robin will be returning to her job as a high school math teacher on August 25th. I believe this will be very demanding since she has been on a leave of absence since November 2002 to take care of Jordon).

I believe that being busy is good for us. I also know that we need time to grieve and to heal, and we will do that as the days and weeks and months go by.

May God bless you all,

Joyce

#51621 - 08/10/04 06:11 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Joyce, I'm so happy to hear from you. I'm glad you have your faith and the faith of friends to sustain you during this difficult time. God will provide...as always. It's His promise. CLing to Him and He will cling to you seeing that you are cared for every second of the way. Keep your ears open for His loving encouragement. I'm grateful for your example. May God bless you and your family this weekend.

#51622 - 08/11/04 07:02 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Joyce: It's good to hear from you! Good to know that Robin is going back to work!

Does your husband have any close friends that might be able to get him out and into some activity?

I pray that our heavenly father provides for each of you and your specific needs at this time.

I will continue to pray for you all!
Have a blessed day!

#51623 - 08/11/04 02:32 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
I'm so thankful you were able to experience peace for awhile. The next few days may be turbulent, but remember that feeling of peace if you can. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers also.

#51624 - 08/11/04 02:50 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Will keep you in our prayers.
Maggie

#51625 - 08/18/04 10:00 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Another update: the memorial service for Jordon last Saturday was all we could have hoped it to be. Robin had carefully chosen her favorite songs to sing (contemporary Christian music), and we had some members of our music group from church there to lead the singing. The church was filled with friends, family, co-workers, and church members. My friend, Pat, who was our prayer group leader for years and now often teaches at retreats and conferences, etc., spoke about how Jordon had reacted to the prayer service that they had for him during his illness. It was very moving and comforting to us. We played a song (the CD comes with the book) and showed the pages of a book that I had put into a Powerpoint slideshow called, "I Love You This Much." This was a book that I sang to Jordon almost every night toward the end of his life and if anyone out there has a grandchild, I would highly recommend getting it and reading it to him/her. My daughter spoke about what a strong spirit her son had and how many lives he was able to touch in his few short years. She also spoke about how her faith was what had kept her strong throughout the 21 months since Jordon's diagnosis. I read a couple of pages that I had written about what it meant to be Jordon's grandma, and of course, our Pastor had wonderfully encouraging words to say.

Now we need to allow ourselves time to grieve and hold each other up through the coming birthday (September 7th) and then Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. I know that it will be very hard. We have all agreed to go away for Christmas this year as we don't know how we could bear being home without Jordon for that particular holiday.

I cannot tell you all just how much your prayers have meant to our family during this time.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved