The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#51547 - 06/19/04 04:01 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Am still praying!!!!
Maggie

#51548 - 06/19/04 04:54 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Joyce, you are on my mind. Lots of prayers for you and your family.

I hope this helps:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God transcends all undersatnding, will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ.
Phil.4:6-7

I hope this doesn't sound overly simplistic. I thought it may give you some peace that the Lord is in charge and cares for you and your family first and foremost. He doesn't want you to worry...only pray.

Worrying is treachorous for the mind, body, and soul. One worry quickly becomes two, then, three, than a pattern. Instead, try to say one prayer, then two, then three... He will comfort you.

As soon as I pass through those pearly gates I am going to ask him Him why children have to suffer. It hurts me so!

#51549 - 06/19/04 10:33 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I pray that God will bring miracles of hope and healing to you and your family. And in the waiting, may you be wrapped in the warmth of his peace.
Remember, you and your entire family are surrounded by our prayers at this time.
smile

[ June 19, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#51550 - 06/21/04 01:58 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and to Dotsie for reminding me of one of my favorite scriptures. We were told by one of Jordon's doctors that this MRI is just plain ugly - and they showed us the two very large brain tumors on the MRI Saturday just before they let him come home. He kept saying - "not wanna stay in "hopital" - want to go HOME" So the doctors said that we could give him oral steroids, along with some Zantac for the stomach problems that the steroids cause. They will have their conference on Tuesday and then let us know what options are available, but it doesn't seem that there is any hope for a cure - that's in God's hands now. The options they will probably give us will be to buy a little time and to make him feel as good as possible for the time he has left. We have cried a lot this weekend but now it's time to be strong for Jordon. We'll enjoy every moment we have with him - for as long as the Lord will allow.

Joyce

#51551 - 06/21/04 02:36 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
May the Lord bless you and keep you;
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

#51552 - 06/21/04 02:55 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Joyce, Your grandson has been in my my heart and prayers so much from the first post. I am so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how your heart must be breaking.

I can only remember the scripture "All things work together for those love the Lord and keep his commands."
I am not going to stop praying for Jordon and the rest of you. I know God is in charge and miracles happen every day.
smile

#51553 - 06/21/04 03:59 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
Will pray for strength for you through this time. How hard all this must be on you.
Will keep Jordan in our prayers.
Maggie

#51554 - 06/21/04 05:32 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I trust and believe in the Lord God Almighty and yet when I think of little Jordan my heart hurts and I find myself wondering WHY this precious little child has to suffer so, why any child has to suffer at all. I have sent in a prayer request to The Selasian Mission asking for their prayers for Jordan and he has been added to the list of those our church is praying for daily. I am at a lose for words other than be strong for him and trust in God as there must be some reason for all this even though it escapes our understanding. God Bless you all...

#51555 - 06/21/04 04:44 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Newhope,

I have tears streaming down my face now that I have read your latest news. This is when my faith is tested the most. WHY CHILDREN??

My thoughts for you are TO LIVE!!!! Enjoy every moment and look for the lessons this little wonder has to offer. He was born for a purpose and you are surrounded by him and his love for his family. Try to learn from him now.

Living in the here and now is very dificult but work as hard as you can to do it. It is a peaceful place if you can maintain it.

God is with all of you now and we need to have faith in his plan. But from someone who is a breath away from where you are-I know there is anger too. Let it come and purge your self of it so you can enjoy your life with Jordan.

You are in my thoughts and my heart.

Lynn

#51556 - 06/21/04 05:34 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Dotsie, JawJaw, Lynn, Maggie, Smilinize, Julie, Maggie, Chatty and all,
You know, I just found this wonderful forum a few weeks ago and now I think I know why God directed me to it when He did. You have all been so wonderful, inspirational, loving and caring. It's hard to imagine so much coming from friends you've just "met." But here you all are - offering wonderful words of sympathy and encouragement! The world really isn't as bad as the news always makes it out to be, is it? Dotsie gave me one of my favorite scriptures - Julie quoted the blessing that I said over little Jordon's sleeping form snuggled up in bed this morning as I left for work (the exact same words, Julie!) I know there is a Holy Spirit who is at work in all of us when I see this kind of "coincidence" happening. Lynn, I totally agree with you - we are going to LIVE as full a life as we possibly can for as long as we have left with Jordon. The first step I want to take is to invite friends to come over for pot luck dinners so that everyone gets to have some one-on-one time with Jordon and his family before he gets too sick to appreciate the visits. Also, the doctors have said it's okay to take him to Florida as planned next week - and we're going to do anything and everything he wants to do while we're there. Thank God, we had a wonderful week in May at the parks in Orlando due to the kindness of Make-A-Wish, and we will always have the video and pictures from that happy time we had together as a family. Thanks again, dear friends - and God's blessings upon you.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved