The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#51527 - 06/13/04 06:48 PM Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
I would like to ask for prayers for our 3-1/2 year old grandson. Jordon was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor just after he turned 2, in November of 2002. After an initial treatment of brain surgery (thank God - performed by Dr. Ben Carson), chemotherapy and then radiation to the brain, he had a recurrence last July with new tumors found in both his brain and in his spine. Obviously, our family was devastated by that news. But praise God - through the prayers and support of so many wonderful friends and relatives (and obviously the wonderful health care professionals at the Johns Hopkins Children's center), Jordon has made it through additional radiation, chemo and a self bone marrow transplant and is now doing very well. In all this time, although it was very hard to see him so sick from day to day, we tried to always keep hope in our hearts by relying on the Lord's goodness and mercy and by asking for prayer.

Jordon, his Mom, his Pop-Pop and his Grandma (that's me) recently went on his Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World and some of the other theme parks in Orlando. It was wonderful to see Jordon swimming and playing with the other children and looking healthy again. Make-A-Wish is such a wonderful organization and we couldn't have been treated any nicer. This was truly a trip of a lifetime for all of us.

Jordon's last two MRI's have been clear, but he has another MRI scheduled this coming Friday (June 18th), and we would appreciate your prayers for continued negative results. May God bless you all and please accept my thanks in advance,

Joyce

#51528 - 06/14/04 07:06 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Newhope:
My heart goes out to you! I will definitely keep Jordon,your grandson, and all your family in my prayers. Your grandson is in wonderful hands. He has a great phycician-Dr. Carson, and even more... Jesus, the best physician, The Divine Healer, is in control! May you rely totally on our heavenly Father for comfort, assurance and total healing.

Please remember Romans 8:28- All things work out for the good of God's children... Thou it is, many times, difficult to understand, this is true! God has a purpose and we need to trust Him fully. Praise God for what He has done, what He IS doing and what He WILL CONTINUE TO DO! TRUST HIM, HE HAS NEVER FAILED!

God bless you and yours!

#51529 - 06/14/04 07:15 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Joyce,
Please know that you, Jordan and the rest of the family are surrounded by prayer and love. Please keep us informed of Jordan's progress. We are here if you need us.

JJ

#51530 - 06/13/04 09:01 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Joyce,
I'm sure you and your family will in the prayers of boomers around the world. We have seen miracles happen here and we know that God answers prayers when our voices are joined together in love.

May God heal your grandson and bless you with a heart full of peace and joy.
smile

#51531 - 06/14/04 09:02 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Dear smile, jj, and songbird,
Thank you all - you said just what I needed to hear this week. I truly DO trust God in my heart but sometimes my emotions get the best of me just before a test like this - I guess because twice before it was bad news and it was devastating both times, but particularly the one time we expected that the treatments had worked and found that they had not. It's hard to turn off those doubts but I know that's what I need to do. I will continue to think positive thoughts and speak positive words. Thanks again.

#51532 - 06/14/04 10:05 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Joyce,
Even in the midst of doubt and chaos, God's love brings peace and miracles.
We pray for peace for you and miracles for your grandson.
smile

#51533 - 06/15/04 12:33 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I and my church group have added Jordan to our prayers.

#51534 - 06/15/04 08:45 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just added Jordan and his family to my prayer list. I'll be surrounding you all for this Friday.

What a blessing that you live close enough to Hopkins so you can have Dr. Ben Carson as his surgeon.

For encouragement, why don't you read Gifted Hands, Ben Carson's book? It's sweet to read about a man's faith and how he admits it's God working through him when he does surgery. I loved that book!

Will they get results Friday?

#51535 - 06/16/04 01:30 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Newhope, please keep us posted. Jordan will be with us all day Friday-count on it.

I know how those check ups are-very anxiety producing. And you hope the only thing it produces is anxiety!

My husband is being treated at Hopkins for pnacreatic cancer. Last scan was June 3rd and it was clear!! We ar thankful and will keep Jordan with us.

Hopkins is a miraculous place and we are so lucky to be close like Dotsie said. My sister lives in Forest Hill on Dellcrest.

Small world.

Just remember God is Good. Your friends here will take care of the praying and supporting. They have held me up now for 9 months.

Lynn

#51536 - 06/16/04 05:35 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Praying!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved