The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#51506 - 07/25/04 04:53 PM Thistle and her family!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
LAdies, I moved this from the Friends Heal Friends topic...please read and pray!

First off...my apologies for saying my piece and running away. It's been an awful day and I have so much to do. I'm sorry I've been so busy my time hasn't been spent on the forums but I need to talk about today. In all liklihood I won't be on the forums until September because of my teaching and traveling schedule but I do remember you women in my prayers and thoughts. Please remember us, Dave and I as well as our "adopted" daughter, Doddie. Please.

Doddie, our "adopted" daughter was found in bed at 6 a.m., comotose, erratic breathing, eyes rolled back in her head, stiff body. Her husband came in from night job and found her, called the EMT's and had her rushed to the hospital. The ER doc <good man and really good doc> stabalized her and asked she be airlifted to Roanoke Memorial, 2.5 hours away. Fog was heavy, because we haven't an EMT squad that can *safely* transport someone a great distance, the Roanoke EMT's had to come get her. I made it to the hospital in time to see her and it looks really, really bad. Too much bleeding in the brain, too little oxygen in the brain, too much fluid in the lungs, too long unconscious, to much bad stuff happening for too long a period of time.

I just called Roanoke, her condition is "serious, we're having her taken to University of VA Medical Center". Irony upon irony, Doddie and I spent most of yesterday together <a gift from God> and she said, "I really don't like UVA Med Center and hope I never have to have anything to do with those people again."

If God doesn't intervene with one of His miracles and if she doesn't die, she'll spend her days brain dead on life support. She has an 8 year old daughter.

I am struggling. I am heartsick.

We, Dave and I, leave Monday for Russia. I have to finish my preparatory work and packing. What I want to do is just bawl my eyes out. Dave is just as bad. We love this child so much. This child who is 38, a grown woman with so very much promise, who has touched every life of every one she's ever met.

Just too much grief this year. So many deaths. So many lives taken. So much grief.

--------------------
Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm where it's beautiful one day & perfect the next!
www.thistlecovefarm.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#51507 - 07/26/04 04:19 AM Re: Thistle and her family!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I brought this to the front agin so everyone could see it. [Wink]

#51508 - 07/26/04 12:35 PM Re: Thistle and her family!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I see where everyone is responding to the post in Friends Heal Friends forum. thanks...

#51509 - 07/26/04 03:11 PM Re: Thistle and her family!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Thistle: Prayers coming your way. I know its hard to stay focused and calm. Just know that we are praying and God answers. We love you. Wish the best for your daughter. Also, wish you the best for your trip. God bless you!
Big hug form this friend [Smile] .

#51510 - 07/26/04 03:32 PM Re: Thistle and her family!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Will most certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Thistle.

Pam Kimmell
Author of "The Mystery of David's Bridge"

[ July 26, 2004, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Pam Kimmell ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved