The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#50813 - 03/12/05 12:34 AM Prayers needed for my older daughter
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
A few years ago when Katie was a senior in high school after a suicide attempt she was diagnosed with depression. Not long after we recieved the diagnosis she turned to a guy who was supposedly a recovering drug and alchol addict and ended up pregnant. Soon after the discovery of the pregnancy he was arrested and sent away for rehabilitation. She realized that he was bad news and broke it off with him.
Anyway to shorten this up a little bit she did not graduate from high school but did get her GED and had the baby which we all decided to keep. The father has had little to no involvement although most of the time we do recieve a state ordered support check from him although never for the amount we are supposed to recieve.
She has made several attemps to continue her schooling but every time she starts she gets scared and depressed and stops going to school. She has also had problems with work. She has had a couple of jobs but for one reason or another has not been able to keep them. She has also moved out of our home with the baby, so she needs to work and go to school to help take care of herself and the baby.
Anyway she started school for the third time on Monday. She only has to go to school on MOn, Wed and Fridays. Today I get a phone call from the school wanting to know if Katie is here. Of course I reply that I thought she was there. They tell me she hasn't been seen since Monday.
Once off the phone I call Katie and leave a message on her cell phone that is not pretty. Soon she calls me back and admits tearfully that she hasn't been in school because she has been suffering from a migraine for the last week. She is also scared and believing that she is screwing up and cannot be anymore successful at this than she has at anything else. I sense that besides a migraine her depression has returned with a vengeance. I called our dr and got her an appt on Monday. Hopefully he will be able to help her and expedite things with her therapist or find her another therapist. In the meantime would you all say a prayer for her and her daughter and for me. That we get through this weekend and she returns to school on Monday and that the Doctor will be able to help her find her way out of this darkness again. If anyone has any suggestions about how I can help her without making things worse I would appreciate it. Thank you for your prayers.

Angel [Frown] [Confused]

#50814 - 03/12/05 02:50 AM Re: Prayers needed for my older daughter
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Absolutely have Katie (and you and your family) in my prayers....what a sad situation and I think getting her to see a doctor is a great thing to be doing for her. Depression can manifest itself in SOOO many ways and she certainly has a lot of things to deal with in her life. Medication (and lots of prayer) will help I'm sure. BLESS YOU!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved