The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#48467 - 04/21/06 03:46 AM Have HAM leftover???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ham Salad

3 pounds of holiday ham, cut into smaller pieces
1 green pepper, baseball size, cut in pieces
1 onion, gold ball size, cut in tiny pieces
1 cup miracle whip
1/4 cup yellow mustard
salt & pepper to taste

In a cousinar drop in the ham, green pepper, onion and turn on to grind up. As its grinding through the top add the mustard and the miracle whip. Let it all mix tigether well. Add the salt and pepper before turning it off. Place in a container to cool before serving.

#48468 - 04/21/06 03:47 AM Re: Have HAM leftover???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Perfect Pea Soup

Ham bone or 1 pound chunk of ham
Bag of green peas
2 mediem carrots
1 large potato
1 small onion
salt & white pepper
1/2 cup of cream

1)The night before place peas into a bowl of water and let sit over night...
2)Place the ham/bone into a pot and cover with water and let cook over medium heat for about half an hour...Remove ham, save the water...
3)Shred the carrots, potato and onion
4)Drain the pea water and dump peas into ham water, add the carrots, potato, onion and ham...
5)Allow to cook on a low fire for a couple of hours stirring often.
6) add the salt to taste and white pepper. I use white so there are no black specks in the soup but you can use black pepper.
7)Cook another hour or until peas are disolved. Right before removing from heat add the cream and stir well. Let simmer 10 more minutes and then serve....

[ April 20, 2006, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#48469 - 04/22/06 06:59 PM Re: Have HAM leftover???
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, thanks for these recipes. I had leftover ham and made quiche. I always double my recipe and have two; one with veggies, ham and cheese, the other just ham and cheese. One of my friends lost her MIL this week so I gave them the veggie one with a little fruit salad.

I just checked the archives and was surprised to see I never posted my quiche recipe. I'll do that next time I sign on. It's so easy because you can use any meets, cheeses, or veggies.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved