The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#48368 - 02/28/06 03:49 AM "Cheap" Roast
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
'Cheap' Roast Dinner

NEED:
Cheap round bone or blade cut roast, 5 lbs.
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
aluminum foil, wide heavy duty

Preheat oven to 350*F.

1) Tear off about 2 1/2-3 feet of foil. Fold in half.
2) Lay roast in middle of foil. Spread both soups over roast. Wrap and seal so juices won't drip out.
3) Cook in 350* oven for 3 hours. Be careful when unwrapping foil so hot juices don't spill.

NOTE: If you like garlic then peel and slice 2 to 4 cloves, poke holes in roast with a sharp knife inserting a slice of garlic into each hole. The garlic flavor spreads through the roast as it cooks....

No cleanup! Makes its own gravy. Great with mashed potatoes and hot vegetable.

[ February 27, 2006, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#48369 - 03/01/06 12:30 AM Re: "Cheap" Roast
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
This is a must to try . I have been so hungry for a good roast of beef . I have done brisket this way , also. Oh, Yummy this is one to copy girls . Mashed potatoes and you gravey in in the foil.

Thanks

#48370 - 03/01/06 01:15 AM Re: "Cheap" Roast
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
That roast sounds great. I have one cooking at this moment.

Here's my recipe.

Put a large package of scrubbed carrots all over the bottom a big roaster. Salt and pepper.
Put a large cheap roast on top of that. Salt and pepper.
Scrub and Halve enough red potatoes to circle all around the roast. Salt and pepper.
Core and quarter a small head of cabbage, break it up, and lay it on top and around the whole thing.
Quarter an onion and put it on top of that. Salt and pepper.
Put a lid on the roaster and cook at 350 for about four hours.

Take the roast out of the oven and put a can of buiscuits in. Dip some of the juice out and mix with a large can of Mushroom soup for gravy, make a salad, take the biscuits out, and eat up.

I've made that for years and my kids love it.

As the sons in law have came along they all hated cabbage and my husband did too, but cooked that way they all fight over who gets it.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved