Dave and I had a much needed, well deserved break this past weekend. <One reason I was off list for most of the week...it takes a while to get everything ready for the folks who will be farm and MIL sitting.> Anyway, we went to visit Aunt Esther and on the way home we bought some ramps. Ramps are in the onion and garlic family and are only around for a few weeks in the early spring. They are one of the first green things to grow on a dark, overgrown hillside, under tall trees where the forest doesn't allow much light. They are wonderful! <if you like 'em and awful if you don't!> We like 'em. We fix them with bacon, fried potatoes and more onions and eat them with plenty of cold milk to drink. Lovely! Except now we'll stink for a week <g>. Like overripe garlic x onions...can you even imagine??? <lol>

Aunt Esther fixed a strawberry pie which was delish! Baked steak with gravy, sauted brussel sprouts, scalloped potatoes...lots of lovely things to eat. And then those buckwheat pancakes at the Pickens Pancake Breakfast...yum!

And here I sit with a full belly, in a warm house, counting my blessings. Thank you Lord.