The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#47356 - 11/08/03 08:18 AM Rice, black bean and feta salad, mmm, mmm
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here's a great dish for all you vegetarians out there. Not my recipe. I got it from a friend and it's a great dish for cook-outs or gathering of lots of people 'cause it's an alternative to the same old salads I know I get sick of making after all these years.

1 can (15 oz.) balck beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
4 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup Italian dressing (whatever is your favorite)
2 T chopped fresh cilantro or parsley

Mix all ingredients.
Refridgerate
Makes five servings
Should double for cookouts, church dinners, etc.

#47357 - 11/08/03 10:00 AM Re: Rice, black bean and feta salad, mmm, mmm
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I'm hitting several message strains tonight....

I have a recipe that I can't eat right now so I'll just think about it but it is so incredibly wonderful and it's really simple.

Here is the basic gist of it:

A cast iron skillet full of potatoes frying, add butter or oil as is necessary to keep the potatoes from burning. Add a small can of diced green chilies.

In the last 10 minutes, slice two or three zucchini over the top, maybe a half cup of green onions, sliced. You could even add some polska kielbasa, sliced. Slice up everything.

Put a lid on it and simmer until zucchini is fork tender but God don't let it get mushy, that's just plain disgusting and should never be done.

When it's firm but tender... slice some tomatoes and lay them all over the top and grate Monterey Jack cheese and maybe some cheddar over the top. Put the lid back on but turn the heat off.

Wait a few minutes til the cheese is melted. Add some salsa, it's wonderful! It's a whole meal, add salad and crusty bread.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved