The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#47255 - 12/13/02 02:00 AM Scrumptious Ginger Pennies
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
These cookies are soooo good. Be careful though because you can pop them in your mouth like chips...and if you eat chips like I do, you are in trouble! The mix of spices and molasses are just right. They taste like Christmas!

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix those ingredients together.

1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup Grandma's molasses
12 Tablespoons butter
Mix together and then add the dry ingredients to the wet.

Spray cookie sheets with Pam.

When mixed, put in pastry bag (if you don't have one use a freezer bag and cut the teeny tip off the corner. Squeeze through and make little dots that will spread to the size of half dollars(not really penny size). I have never done it without squeezing through a bag, but I would think you could just put little balls of dough on the cookie sheet too. It might be easier...whatever!

Bake in 325 degree oven for 5 minutes.
These cookies store well in tins, but they usually get eaten in a hurry, so storage doesn't matter too much.

#47256 - 12/13/02 04:26 PM Re: Scrumptious Ginger Pennies
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
While ice bound the other day I experimented with the old standard tollhouse recipe that is on the back of the chocolate chip bag and came up with a basic chocolate drop cookie that you can add anything to. By increasing the brown sugar from 3/4 cup to 1 full cup and by adding a 1/2 cup of baking cocoa you get a chocolate drop cookie. The I split the dough in half. In one half I added mint chocolate chips, YUMMY! and in the other half I added heath bar crunchy stuff that you can buy in the bag just like choc chips. They were awesome too.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved