The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#47186 - 07/19/03 05:39 PM PHILIPPIANS 4:13
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
PHILIPPIANS 4:13

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a
loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends, red lights called
Enemies, caution lights called Family. You will have flats called Jobs.
But, if you have a spare called Determination, an engine called
Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Jesus, you will
make it to a place called Success.

-- Author Unknown

#47187 - 07/06/06 02:58 AM Re: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
This is one of the best verses to have imbedded in your heart. There are so many examples in the Word of God with those that took heed to this. Paul is sitting in a prison in shackles while writing this, amazing!

#47188 - 07/08/06 12:33 PM Re: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for the reminder jawjaw. This is a good week for me to see it!

This is one of the verses I memorized by singing along with my kid's Bible tapes we had in the car when they were little. Now when I am listening to my Christian radio station, they jump in the car and immediately ask to change it. My how times have changed.

#47189 - 07/08/06 03:57 PM Re: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 [Re: jawjaw]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
God has been strengthening me, that's for sure. Wasn't sure where to post this, but I did want to share how God has been touching my life.

My future husband (hehehe) and I are not seeing each other right now and I can't say I blame him. You remember how I met him, at the grocery the same day I blurted out a one liner half-joking prayer for a husband. That was in March. Through this relationship I discovered I had an issue I needed to work on, and with God's help I have been, with counseling, prayer and some very good and patient friends. My problem is that I tended to dump people (men and women) the first time they did something wrong, rather than discuss it with them and work it out. Also, when I'm dating someone, when things start getting a little rocky, which it eventually does in most relationships, I'm gone and outta there.

I asked God to bring people into my life who I had hurt and last weekend he brought the first one. I ran into her at Borders and we ended up spending 2 1/2 hours together. She forgave me and asked me to forgive her also.

On Sunday, I was feeling very lonely and I asked God to take that feeling away. I was missing my FH. So God filled my day with friends and family, beginning with a friend who overslept and ended up at my service. There are a few other ways God has let me know He is listening and answering my prayers.

I don't know if I will be with FH again, but my relationship with him caused my eyes to be opened to something that had caused me a lot of loss and grief. Maybe God intended it to happen so I would be prepared for a future relationship.

So, I'm going on with my life, having some fun, working and I will date if I ever meet anyone. I am still praying for FH, but not that we would get back together, but simply for God to protect him and bring him back to the church. After all, He knows what FH needs better than I do.

Sorry this is so long!

Daisygirl

laurapoplin.com

#47190 - 07/08/06 04:26 PM Re: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 [Re: Daisygirl]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Not long, Daisygirl, fulfilling. I enjoyed and learned from every single word. Thank you!

JJ

#47191 - 07/08/06 05:15 PM Re: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 [Re: jawjaw]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm glad JJ. My experience gave hope to 2 of my friends who had given up and maybe it will also bring hope to those who need some here at BWS. We're never too old to make changes and turn to God for help.

laurapoplin.com

#47192 - 07/09/06 11:49 PM Re: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 [Re: Daisygirl]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
I love so many scriptures in the Bible (as reflected in my book) but the one that's leading the LONG LIST is
Hebrews 12:1

LET US RUN WITH ENDURANCE THE RACE THAT IS SET BEFORE US
(new king james version)

I believe all of us have a "journey" set out before us by God and it is up to each of us to give Him our best effort in WHATEVER! it is we set out to do.

Peace & Blessings,
beverly mahone
Author, WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
www.talk2bev.com

#47193 - 07/12/06 08:47 PM Re: PHILIPPIANS 4:13 [Re: bamgibbs]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
bamgibbs, I agree wholeheartedly. The nearer we draw to Him, the more He reveals! It's amazing...as promised!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved