The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#47084 - 08/02/04 12:51 AM Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I know this isn't the exact location for this subject; just wanted to know if anyone would like to share their plans for the fall?

My husband and I are going back to school and I'm still writing my book but I'm looking forward to making some Christmas trees, and later finding a nice church to attend....(once we get moved) Love going to church bazaars and getting ideas for crafts..

If you would like to share your plans for fall, that would be great!

I don't know about you, but the crisp fall air, really gets me going. I'm much more motivated..

#47085 - 08/02/04 02:03 AM Re: Plans for fall?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Refresh my memory...where are you all moving? and when?

I have plans to get outside more as the humidity won't be so bad...I'm traveling to Newnam Georgia in Sept to visit a friend of my Mom/Dad's who is going to introduce me to the man who writes for Jeff Foxworthy...and who USE to write with Lewis Grizzard! I am soooo tickled and can't wait. A girlfriend of mine is traveling with me. I hope to get an article or two out of the trip. And of course I HOPE to get to the Smoky Mountains at least once during the season change...ahhh...the mountains and the colors, ain't nutin like it!

JJ

#47086 - 08/02/04 02:20 AM Re: Plans for fall?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Back to school! Good for you!

When my book is finally in print, I plan to go visit my beloved Island (PR). After that, if time and resources permit it, I might travel to Falls Church, VA to see my relatives and maybe have a book presentation. Nothing is written in stone yet! I do need to spend some weekends making presentations.

Fall does get me going!! It's so beautiful and enticing!It ususally prompts me to start crafting for Christmas!

#47087 - 08/02/04 03:00 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

JJ,

Your plans to visit Georgia and visit with the man who writes for Jeff Foxworthy sound great! It is always interesting meeting other writers and how they do what they do. Keep us posted on this, sounds great!

My husband and I are in the process of packing up and moving to a better and more modern location here in Ridley Park, PA. Where we live now we've had problems with the landlord and his 'dippy' brother and the place is just not what we're accustomerd to--we're living in a 60's type of locale and we're used to something more upbeat and modern. Where we're going, it is much better and we'll be able to get out and walk and enjoy this area more.

Keep us in your prayers for this transition is difficult and time-cosuming...

Best wishes on your trip. Let us know how it goes. It sounds so exciting!

#47088 - 08/02/04 03:02 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

Songbird,

Your island and trip to Virginia sound wonderful! I hope your book is a trmendous success--for your deserve the best! Please keep us posted as to how it goes for you.

Your plans sound restful, upbeat and motivational!

Best wishes, always...

#47089 - 08/02/04 10:16 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm looking forward to the Fall. Seasonal changes are so good for us!

I'm especially looking forward to attending a Women of Faith Conference with my dear friend whom I've known since Grade 1. [Big Grin]

I'll also visit my son and see his new apartment at college. [Big Grin]

I look forward to opening up and feeling the breeze blow through the house again. I don't like having the house so closed up.

#47090 - 08/02/04 10:23 PM Re: Plans for fall?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Toni, good luck on your move AND on going back to school. You people have such courage...good for you I say! The move alone would be enough trauma for moi! But I do understand wanting to update your surroundings. And I know that I've lived in places before that no matter how hard I tried, it never held a "home" feeling for me...I'm sure you can relate. Good luck!

JJ

#47091 - 08/03/04 01:42 AM Re: Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

Dotsie,

You've got some really neat things coming up--attending a 'Women of Faith' Conference and visiting with an old friend, seeing your son at college in his new apartment and feeling that wonderful feeling of cool, fall air!

Like you, I love the changing of the seasons. I don't think I could live in a climate that was warm all of the time. I love the sunshine and warmth but I need the changing of the seasons; it energizes me.

Good things coming your way and that's great!

#47092 - 08/03/04 01:49 AM Re: Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

JJ,

I can really relate to you when you said that you've lived in places where it didn't feel like 'home.' Where we live now is one such place. Where we're going, when we first toured the place, it felt good, felt 'right.' Some places hit you that way right off the bat. Where we live now, we had no choice--we were in a hurry and instantly I knew that it wouldn't work out.

Funny how 'feelings' most often are right...

Thank you so much for your positive comments and encouragement. It is a little frightening and intimidating going back to school when you're over 50; however, I did it once several years ago and it turned out O.K.; most likely it will go alright this time. I;ve always loved to learn and that helps...

Of course, I can always do the 'Monk' dance---"I'm back, I'm back!!" What a guy! Is he good or what?

#47093 - 08/03/04 02:18 AM Re: Plans for fall?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Toni,
That a big 10-4 on the gut feeling for new homes. I've had those feelings and when I bought the house I'm in now, I walked in the living/great room and knew immediately that I would be living here. Course, I never had the feeling that I would junk it up like I have! Good grief!

I'm sure you will just fine in school, and I laughed out loud at the MONK dance comment...Hey, maybe we can teach that little number at the Boomer Women convention, k?

JJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved