The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4618 - 07/26/05 09:10 PM My niece
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
My 22 yr old niece & her boyfriend came for the day/overnight this past wknd.

How strange it was that she's an ADULT!!! Working in Washington DC as an intern this summer--her boyfriend too.

They plan to get engaged after graduating from college next year.

She was just a baby!!!

I wish we could have had them come up sooner this past summer. I didn't seem the kids often when they were growing up out of state.

And when they were born--I was a teen myself! I didn't want a thing to do with kids! I didn't even want to have kids then!!!

When they were babies....I loved em!!
When they became little people...and wanted to be with me every waking moment they were visitng...I went bonkers!!! A 17 yr old is more interested in THEMSELVES than a little kid!!!

I wish they had lived closer so I could have seen them growing up. So I could have been the cool aunt who let them do whatever they wanted!! (within reason of course!! )

We approved of her boyfriend........he treats her like a princess!!!

Oh to be young again.......& that skinny!!! [Smile]

SCary.......my youngest niece is going to college next month.......my husbands oldest niece will graduate high school........

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BABIES?!!!!

#4619 - 07/26/05 09:17 PM Re: My niece
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kay, yup another generation and I love watching them enter adulthood. I'd say you must tstill be the cool aunt if they came from DC to NY to visit.

My nieces and nephews are getting engaged, married and having babies. I take great pleasure in watching them figure out how to live thier lives. It isn't easy, but they seem to be on the right path, or at least working at it.

Kay, I'm feeling a littel funny about my oldest son being an adult. He just finished his second year of college, is living home this summer, and had a paid internship. He's home almost every night because he has to be to work at 8:30. I hope he likes it because this is thenext step. I can't believe he's almost there. How old are WE, anyway.

#4620 - 07/27/05 05:19 AM Re: My niece
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Talk about feeling old, my step-grandson is getting married in October. I could become a great grandmother in the not to distant future as well as they both want children. Yipee!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved