The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#46020 - 10/22/05 01:58 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Meredeth,

You are doing this on Purpose!!!!You have us all in a fever pitch by now and I know you're just laughing!!!!!!Eagle needs her rest, so you must come forward and tell all. Besides that, we can't have her regressing all the way back to ELVIS - that boy is a done deal.....(altho' he did leave quite a legacy..)

By the way Eagle, didn't you LOVE that movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?" Anyone else? MOST entertaining...

Searcher

#46021 - 10/24/05 03:16 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'll venture a guess at three....

#46022 - 10/24/05 08:10 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Sorry for the lag time. I had a big craft fair this weekend and got lost preparing for it.

1. TRUE -- On my mother's side of the family, I come from a long line of cantors and rabbis and always thought I'd love to continue in that tradition. However, back in my high school days there was no such thing as a woman rabbi.

2. TRUE -- It always surprised me how many men wanted to be with me, because I'm the antithesis of everything feminine. I'm everything I was told a girl should NOT be, OK? And I kept getting marriage offers, and was really upset about all the guys who wanted to ruin a perfectly good relationship. I fully identified with the bumper sticker "So many men, so little time" but I didn't have a car to put it on.

3. FALSE -- From the first time I flew on a plane at age 12, I was absolutely in love with flying. In my dreams and in my writing, I can fly. However, in my 30s I didn't have the cash to take lessons, although I would've dearly loved to.

Eagle, get some sleep. [Wink]

#46023 - 10/25/05 07:28 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I would have gladly changed places with you on the flying lessons. I took them to get rid of my fear of flying...didn't work.

What a diverse and obviously, hot woman you are! [Big Grin] [Cool]

#46024 - 10/25/05 03:51 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Meredith the magnificient! Say now you can't tell me all those men were wrong, not so! You my dear have a mysterious beauty that draws men to you, I've seen it before. I have a t-shirt with that saying on it. Only these days its the other way around, LOL

#46025 - 10/25/05 10:30 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks Dianne and Chatty! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I have to admit it really took me by surprise in my early 20s, although by my mid-20s I just accepted it. I was really shy once upon a time, and it did take a bit of getting used to. I was raised with that entire litany of "things that girls should do to get a boy interested" that we all were subjected to. Talk about HIS hobbies, etc. etc. I always felt like a fraud being so obviously fake, so I didn't do it. And the guys were probably happy that I wasn't like that! I guess I never bought into the status quo on any front.

Someone once told me that I wasn't particularly pretty, but I was beautiful. I kinda liked that. I think we all need to let our inner beauty shine through, and spend less time trying to look/act like everybody else, or the elusive artificial standard that's no one.

#46026 - 10/25/05 06:45 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
meredith, your post reminded me of something I had written on my eighth grade notebook. Be yourself...an original is better than a copy. DOn't ask me how I remembered that when I can hardly recall what I had for dinner last night.

Beautiful is more complimentary thatn pretty. Isn't it amazing how you've remembered that after all these years? It's a gentle reminder to me to continue saying kind words to our youth.

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved