The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#45572 - 04/21/05 06:43 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jawjaw, I thought the same thing!

I was reading this thread yesterday and guffawing like a nut. My son was within ear shot and said, "Mom, are you crying out there? Is everything okay?"

Then I wrote a reply and somehow lost it. So I'm back... laughing again.

I was the Coordinator fo Member Care at our church. Sorta a Den Mother for the congregation. I was in charge of membership, assimilating members, hospital visitation, shuts-ins, the whole nine yards. I was supposedly a part of the compassionate arm of the church.

One Sunday morning while greeting I said to a member, "Wow, you look great. When are you due?" She quickly replied, "I'm not pregnant!"

So much for compassion. I wanted to crawl in the broom closet.

#45573 - 04/21/05 09:46 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh Dotsie!

I've never heard the word "guffawing"...it must be a writer's thing.

I can so relate to your above embarrasing moment.

My husband was in real estate and did that to a woman. I'm like, "honey, YOU NEVER ask a woman when she is due"...you say something like, "are you two planning on having childen"..

So my faux pas, has been to ask two "older women" who were visiting my Arbonne booth at a craft fair, "is this your mother". ughhhhhhhhh
Hard to back peddle from there!

I now say things like, are you two sisters? (can't lose).

So, recently, I was at another event, and I WAS SURE the lady was preganant. I was 100% sure. And she had said something about babies...AND she was wearing a loose blouse -- so, I asked her WITH CONFIDENCE, "when's your baby due"...and you know the rest of the story.

I would have liked to have crawled into a hole.

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Danita

#45574 - 04/21/05 10:17 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Oh my Dotsie. LOL

JJ, this could be a book

#45575 - 04/21/05 10:19 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh I can splain that one Danita...

Hehawing is when you laugh and sound like a mule OR a jack as_ OR a man...same thing.

Guffawing is when you laugh but then you cry cause you want to be on the gulf instead of working...

Glad I could help....JJ

#45576 - 04/22/05 12:14 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Danita Offline

JJ,

You are ONE IN A MILLION! but you know that!

danita

#45577 - 07/16/05 03:02 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Women's Funny Pages Offline

Loc: Gardendale AL
This is one of my many embarrassing moments. I also a web site and this one is on my site under Life's Most Embarrasing Moments.

A Night at the Hilton

My husband and I were at the Hilton in Huntsville, Alabama. We were in town for business purposes.

That evening while we were asleep, I woke up sweating. (I had a hysterectomy a few months earlier and was having what my cousin Diane calls a senior moment). Being all sweaty and uncomfortable, I took off my gown. So, needless to say I was sleeping in the nude.

The room was pitch black. Sometime later, I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. I did not want to turn on the lights and disturb my husband. So, I got up in a sleepy stupor and went to what I thought was the bathroom.
I went in and closed the door.

I gasped when I looked around. I was in the hotel hallway. I crouched to the floor and covered what body parts I could with my hands (where is a plant or a newspaper when you need one). I started beating on the door and asking my husband to let me in.

My husband is hearing imparied. He thought I was laying next to him and asking him to get the door. He said "You get the door". Needless to say, with this reply, I had a few choice words to say. Thank goodness, he realized I was not in the bed and got up and let me in.

I was so embarrassed the next day. I was sure someone saw me. I was afraid to leave through the lobby. I had my husband check us out and have the car in the front. I took a garment bag and held it up against my head as I was leaving. (Like this didn't look suspicious).

Moral to the story: At strange places, always leave the light on in the bathroom with the door partially open and most importanly DON'T shut the door.

Theresa Adams
Womens Funny Pages
Funny videos, jokes, pictures, inspirational

-------------------------
http://www.womensfunnyvideos.com

#45578 - 07/16/05 09:53 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Danita Offline

Theresa,

That is halarious! (sp?)

Talk about ones' worst nightmare!

d.

#45579 - 07/17/05 06:19 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
No comedian could even write a skit this funny.

Good thing it was just the Hilton cause seeing a naked woman in the hallways there is no biggy, any on looker would probably just think to themself, Oh, it's just one of the Hilton women... [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

[ July 16, 2005, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#45580 - 07/18/05 04:21 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Women's Funny Pages Offline

Loc: Gardendale AL
Boy Chatty I never thought about the Hilton's tell you mentioned it. Of course this was before they were so popular. I quess I am just old news and it is now OK to let the news out about my episode. I quess you could say I was the first desperate housewife being naked and looking for a tree to hide behind.

--------------------
www.womensfunnyvideos.com

#45581 - 07/18/05 06:29 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Theresa, That's hilarious. Made me laugh uncontrollably. Have you read JJ's book yet? It'll make you laugh out loud til you wet your pants. She should be the spokesperson for DEPENDS!
smile

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved