The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#45562 - 04/21/05 03:07 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I second the motion!

D.

#45563 - 04/21/05 03:30 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay, I have far too many embarrassing moments, but I keep thinking of my cousin.
When we were teens, I loved the roller rink. She had a crush on this guy there, but had never skated so she came with me so she could meet him.
she wore a cute skate skirt and while still learning she was skating along behind him. I guess she got distractred by his nice behind and suddenly she was falling forward.
In a desperate effort to break her fall, she somehow got her hands into the back pockets of his jeans which were soon around his ankles.
They wound up in the floor with his jeans around his ankles and her skirt over her head.
I'm telling you it was hilarious. She was always doing something like that.
All I gotta' say is, thank heaven it wasn't me. Of course I had a lot of bloopers too, but I'm not fessing up yet.
smile

[ April 20, 2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#45564 - 04/21/05 04:35 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
How about being all dressed up in a fire engine red dress with clevage down to your waist, rhinestones bordering the shoulders, a big ruffle on the bottom and looking real good, then leaving the ladies room with your pantyhose tucked into the back of your slutty new dress? [Eek!]

The second time I had that happen, I was putting something into the trunk of my car (the back of which faced the street). Different dress.

Louisa

#45565 - 04/21/05 05:49 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
okay, I take it back. It's a tie between Chick, SMILES'S cousin (omg!), AND Louisa. TWICE? You did that twice? What's the chances of that happening to someone twice? you poor thing!

JJ

#45566 - 04/21/05 07:37 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I know they say the third times a charm, but I'd just as soon not find out if that's true. [Embarrassed] Louisa

#45567 - 04/21/05 08:18 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Okay - many years (eons) ago, I worked in another state for an attorney who was blunt. We had new clients who raised smelly farm animals and whose last name was Horr. So - As I'm about to bring a new client into his office, he shouts out, "What time's the stinking Horr's supposed to be here." I shuffled around for a minute (mind you, I'm 18 at the time; and finally turned to the new client and said, "It's the punch line from a joke he couldn't remember earlier."

I'm a grant writer. My first multi-million dollar grant application, which was the 3rd highest rated in the country, and which was chosen as a sample by the federal government, and which had been proofread at least 15 times by 8 different people, contained the phrase:
"...a nutritious snatch will be served to the afterschool students."

We didn't discover the error until AFTER all of the above, and we had to call the top lady and ask her to please correct the phrase.

I don't think I'll ever forget those two incidents, and #2 is why I always say NEVER rely on spell-check!

#45568 - 04/21/05 09:58 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
chickadee Offline

This was just toooo funny, Dian.

Hey, I'm impressed with your grant writing by the way.

chick

#45569 - 04/21/05 09:59 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
You guys have had me in stitches here!!! Thanks for the guffaws!

#45570 - 04/21/05 10:01 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
It was my cousin's wedding. I was 17. I had one of those poofy curly hair attachments bobby-pinned to my head. I was out in the middle of the dance floor having a great time and dancing with Dad when I shook my head to the music and my hairpiece flew across the room.

I calmly walked over to the errant curls, picked them off the floor, and handed the hairpiece to Mom who was doubling over with laughter on the sidelines. Then I resumed dancing with Dad.

Afterwards everyone said how well I handled it. [Wink]

#45571 - 04/21/05 04:12 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm seeing a book here...

JJ

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved