The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#45542 - 04/20/05 08:18 AM Most embarrasing moments!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I would loooveee to hear everyones' most embarrasing moments! I think it is fun to look back and laugh!

My most embarrasing moment wasn't very funny. Really.

I worked at a camp in the colorado mountains - and one day - I was walking to camp registration with a mom and her two girls.

The girls had faces like angels. I mean it. I kept looking back and forth between the two - just taken by them.

Finally, I look at the older one and said (because they both looked so much alike), "Oh, look, you have a "mini-me"

As soon as those words escaped my lips, I looked closer at the smaller of the two, and noticed for the first time that she was a "little person".

I would have liked to have died on the spot!

(those who haven't seen Austin Powers -- Dr.Evil had a "mini-me" (midget look alike) called "mini-me".

The "little person" was about 6 -- and so full of life. I cried myself to sleep that night!

Danita

#45543 - 04/20/05 04:18 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm sitting here wondering if I dare post my most embarassing moment in a public forum...They don't call me the Queen of Experiences for nothing...

Let me think on it. Lord, I have so many to chose from...but the single, most embarassing one...that would have to involve Exlax, a State Softball tournament, and me.

JJ

#45544 - 04/20/05 05:27 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't know if this qualifies as being embarassed or being mortifeid. I was in a public office with my then new husband. The woman knew me and knew I had two big sons, right? I am trying to make a good impression on him as we were newly weds and he was 6 years younger than I. Anyway she comes walking up all smiles and says "hello dear lady and this must be your son." I said "nope, its my new baby husband." The entire room stopped moving and she tried laughng and so did I and she finally skulked away. I wanted to die.... [Mad]

#45545 - 04/20/05 06:22 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I was 17 years old and had won the title of Miss Yavapai County, competing for Miss Arizona. Did my interview in a room with judges, walked away and opened the closet door instead of the door leading out of the room. Bad thing was, it was kind of stuck and I had to fight to get it open. The judges sat and stared at me and naturally, I didn't win that competition!

#45546 - 04/20/05 06:31 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Mine happened about 25 years ago. My room-mate (and co-worker) and I decided to eat out at a restaurant before heading to a prayer meeting that evening after work. Being in the music ministry, I had my guitar with me, and set it down beside the booth in the restaurant. After we were finished, we both got up to leave and I tripped over my guitar case and landed flat on my face on the floor. The restaurant was packed. Thankfully I had a great sense of humour back then and we were both able to just walk proudly out of the restaurant - and then we doubled over with laughter out on the sidewalk.

#45547 - 04/21/05 07:09 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Danita Offline

Those were great! Just what I need in the a.m., a good chukle at someone elses' expense!

J.J., it was your website that inspired me. You asked a question (I can't remember what it was)..and I was thinking...embarassing moments would be fun!

Danita

#45548 - 04/21/05 07:20 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
My most embarrassing moment? I guess it had to be when I was sixteen. I was going away with my debate team to state championships. Lucky me, I started my period for the very first time right before we were to get on the van.

I hurried to the bathroom, but didn't have any sanitary supplies. I girl came in with me and had a tampon. Now, I'd never seen a tampon in my life and didn't know how to use it, but I answered "yes, of course" when she handed it to me and asked if I knew how to use it.

All the way to the championships, I was painfully aware of this tampon and when we arrived, there was a large pool of blood on the seat and across the back of my skirt.

Discarding the misused tampon, I wadded up toilet paper into my underwear, tried to rinse out my skirt, but nothing worked. The stain remained. Without any time to change, my debate team was sent to our rooms to begin our challenges. I was mortified. I walked in such a way to hide most of the stain and while I was on stage I don't think it could be seen. Instead of turning to go back to my seat, I would walk backwards.

Imagine my surprise that even with all those distractions our team won! Once we arrived at our sponsor's home she was nice enough to point me to a box of sanitary pads and I was saved. No one teased me about the situation and I only got a ruined skirt out of the process.

#45549 - 04/21/05 07:35 AM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thank you Danita...

Okay...here's one. Apparently one night when I undressed from work, I pulled off my skirt and panty hose at the same time, and I didn't notice when I hung up the skirt that the panty hose were clinging to the inside of the skirt.

Fast forward to the next week.

I work directly for the Vice President...I'm wearing the skirt again but had on a fresh new pair of panty hose with it, because I couldn't find the old ones. You with me so far?

Okay, I'm standing at the copier machine looking over some of his documents. He rushes out and standing beside me starts to bark out some more of his "I gotta have" stuff...as he starts to open his mouth, my "OLD" panty hose fall out from under the skirt and land on his shoes. We both look down at the same time.

I'm thinking, "so there you are!" He says, "How the hell did you do that?" He thought it was the pair I had on....what a schmuck. I just smiled and said, "Now that I have your attention, how many copies of this do you want?"

So many embarassing moments...so little time.

JJ

#45550 - 04/20/05 08:49 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
You know there's a website looking for your embarrassing moments to be included in an anthology. They pay $200.00. Its called
Splitmyside.com. I don't know anything about them but maybe it's worth checking out.

#45551 - 04/20/05 09:04 PM Re: Most embarrasing moments!
Danita Offline

J.J.....OMG! what a hoot. and you handled it sooo gracefully!

vicki, where did you go to school? I feel like I've heard that story before!

Danita

p.s. I litterally get a "mental block" when it comes to remembering my "most embarrasing moments". The one I shared just haunts me - so I haven't been able to "not remember" it!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved