The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44824 - 10/29/02 10:46 PM Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't know about you, but I am seeing way too much skin between the belly button and the top of girl's pants these days! How low can those pants go? What are these young girls thinking?
However, while laying on my back, across my bed last week(I was trying to zip and button my jeans that I hadn't worn since spring...my dryer keeps shrinking things!) HA, HA,...I had a flash-back to the "seventies". I was lying on my back, across my bed while trying to snap my "Peanut's hip-hugger, pink, corduroy pants from Merry-Go-Round...OOPS, what was I thinking back then? No wonder Mom didn't like those pants! Funny how history has a habit of repeating itself! Anyone else remember those awful pants, or that awful store?

#44825 - 10/31/02 01:57 AM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
i think the disco era finally put merry go round into bankrupty. at least that is one good thing that came out of the disco era! not only do we see too much skin between the navel and top of the pants, but what about the piercings and tattoos!! how many have daughters or sons looking to do or have already done that?

#44826 - 10/31/02 04:57 AM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
After reading this I took a good look at my daughter when she left the house tonight. I'll have to say she didn't look a whole lot different than I did in the seventies complete with long staight hair that as my mother used to say "was just hanging".Her tummy wasn't showing, yet. It only takes one little raise of the elbow.

#44827 - 10/31/02 07:18 AM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Lasikboomer Offline

Loc: Baltimore
I think all my clothes came from Merry Go Round.
I had a pair of yellow peanut pants...they were my favorite. However,I don't think my belly ever showed. (I was too modest) Funny, now I can't keep my belly from showing! And it's not a pretty site!

#44828 - 11/02/02 03:15 PM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
I don't have my own kids, but have been (and still am) very involved in the care and feeding of many nieces, nephews and friends' children. My brother's youngest is now 15, and I am CONSTANTLY asking her just what the heck she is trying to prove with the hair (green, this week), the pants (TOO BIG and TOO LONG and TOO TOO!), the shoes (untied if tieable, WAYYYY too high if not, and CLUNKY!!), and the attitude (I won't even GO there!). Thank God she isn't into any tattooing or piercing YET, but I guess it is just a matter of time.

I actually am more worried about her weight than anything. I see her as I could not see myself when I was young, and I regret that I didn't get a handle on my own body image when I was her age. She is overweight and just isn't at all interested in doing anything about it. Of course, nobody could tell me anything then either. Wish I was 15 again and know what I know now, let me tell you!

#44829 - 01/11/03 09:27 AM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Pattyam112 Offline

Loc: Kansas
Ok! I am there...

I sent this email to my daugther and friends last night:

I have cnn on and I am sitting here laughing so HARD

Scientist have discovered that hip huggers may cause tingling in your thighs....

I found that out when I was 17 in 73! I can't wait till they discover the other tingles!!!

Hahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Patty

#44830 - 01/12/03 08:59 AM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pattyam, how old is your daughter? Mine is 15. I have many hip-huggers that come and go in my house. My son is 17, so his girlfriend wears them, and my other son is 14 and his friends that are girls are wearing them. I love it when they plop down on the bleachers in front of me. You never know what you are going to see.

This is a true story. I was at a ceremony and the gal in front of me was donning her lovely hip-huggers. Little did she know that everyone behind her knew she was also donning her thong underwear. It was hysterical...the strap for her underwear was at least an inch above the top of her pants...and all that was there was the strap. You gotta watch those thongs and hip-huggers!

#44831 - 01/13/03 03:14 AM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
But don't you know that's the resaon for the combination? I mean they sell little charms that go on the thongs to draw even more attention to the peaking straps that pop out when wearing hip huggers.

I tried to find a pair of pants I could wear to work and couldn't find anything appropriate unless I wanted to look like I was fifty and wear elastic pants since they are apparently the only kind of pants that come to the waist any more. Or spend $80 dollars at a specialty store. I live on a twenty-something budget here and need stylish, professional clothes, stuff I used to be able to get at a juniors-type department store. I couldn't even find jeans! They're all low rise, ultra low rise, extreme low rise. All of my friends say the same thing about shopping now. We conastanlty laugh and complain about this. We fel pretty old when we look at high school crowd and think the little Britney-SPears wannabes stole our stores.

#44832 - 01/13/03 06:29 AM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Candace,
Are you suggesting that there's something wrong with looking 50? After all, this is a site full of Boomers! [Smile]

#44833 - 01/13/03 04:56 PM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
No, I think there is something wrong with thinking that the only thing any one older than 18 would want to wear is elastic pants.

#44834 - 01/14/03 04:04 PM Re: Hip Huggers/ Cropped Tops
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Until I shed a few pounds recently, every time I put on pantyhose I was wearing hip huggers. My belly would eventually wear down the resistance of the top of the hose and they'd roll down beneath my "roll"! And what about naval piercing?
I'd need one of those rings they put through a cows nose to pierce my naval!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved