The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#44676 - 03/27/06 06:20 AM Re: April Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I vote 4 for lin656, how funny. Wonder whose face was redder, his or yours....Oh and welcome.

#44677 - 03/27/06 08:34 AM Re: April Contest
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
That is a riot!!!

#44678 - 03/27/06 07:56 PM Re: April Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Keep them coming!

#44679 - 03/27/06 10:26 PM Re: April Contest
pepper Offline

Loc: Jupiter, Florida
OK...here goes....I had my hair cut and blown dry...a week later, I hated the cut so I called up my stylist and spoke to the receptionist. I told her I didn't think I had to pay again since it was just done a few days ago...she said that was up to Jim, the guy who did my hair...I asked if he could call me back when I got back to work...I left my office number but my cell # was on file.
I was at a restaurant for lunch with my boyfriend and a client couple of his.....Jim called me back right in the middle of coffee & dessert....
He said that he got my message and what was I planning on having my hair blown dry again today...He said it would not cost me for the cut...I said, and I am very loud...that I did not mind paying for the 'blow job' but I would not pay for the cut!!!!
After I said it out loud I realized what I said....Man was I embarassed....I was looked at very weird by all the patrons...I thought I should do the best thing and that was looking to see if I could crawl under the table.....
Very horrible moment
Karen C

#44680 - 03/28/06 12:00 AM Re: April Contest
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
My story is about my granddaugther. Mom and Dad are working on manners for a while. Kali was coming to spend the night with us. She was sitting in the booster seat in the back seat and she just started giggling! I said "Kali, what's so funny?"

Her answer was, "Oh Grandma, I farted and forgot to cover my mouth!" I laughed so hard I cried driving down the highway. She was 4.

Sherri
Best New Christian Writer 2006

#44681 - 03/28/06 12:55 AM Re: April Contest
almostangel Offline

Loc: Kansas City
I had to think about this one for awhile. Being blonde, I have to be careful or I become the target of alot of dumb blonde jokes : ) I can't blame others for it though, I make a pretty good fool of myself on a regular basis.

One New Years Eve several friends and I decided to go to a dinner and dance at one of the five star hotels downtown. I am not much of a drinker but I love good food and dancing. The hotel had three different bands to choose from. We checked all of them out and decided to stay with the one that had the most single men there. I was dancing with this good looking complete stranger to a song where everyone was doing the twist as low as they could go. Keep in mind that I am all dressed up in a floor length gown. I went down as low as I could go which was to the floor, when I came back up , the heel of my high heels was on my slip and as I came up, down went my slip.As I stood there with my slip on the floor and looking at the horror on my dance partners face as he was looking at me I decided to "flow with it" I hooked the toe of my shoe to my slip, tossed it to the side of the dance floor and kept right on dancing! I was sure I probably wouldn't get asked to dance again, but lo and behold I danced the night away. The only problem was someone made off with my slip. Good thing it was dark in there : )

#44682 - 03/28/06 01:47 AM Re: April Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
KarenC oh boy now tht had to be a funny situation for everyone. Did you tell it to the hairdresser when he did re-blow your hair?

Sherri it really is true that kids say the darndest thing....

And almostangel you really put the words of the song "slippen" and a slidden, to the test....

I always get a good laugh from all you ladies.

[ March 27, 2006, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44683 - 03/28/06 09:07 PM Re: April Contest
pepper Offline

Chatty Lady
Yes...I did tell my hairdresser....we had a great laugh together.....and he DIDN't charge me, and my hair looks GREAT!!!
Another story: When my son was small he was always into one thing or the other at school..by the time he was in kindergarten I already got phone calls every day about what he did wrong...Well, one day, when he was in first grade his teacher called to tell me that my son, Robert, who pronounced his name Wobet had a speech problem and wanted to meet with me. I said OK but didn't say much more on the phone...I knew the teacher had a nice and friendly personality because she had a wonderful reputation from other parents...
Well, I went to the meeting, shook her hand and said "Hello, Mrs. ---- I am Wobet's mom...what seems to be the pwoblem???? She was shocked at first and we just cracked up...You must understand that every day I would receive calls from the principal....like my "son is not sitting in class" or "he is bouncing a ball in the hallways"...sooooo this was just something funny I thought I would do.
Anyway, the teacher and I became friends and together we helped my son....
Something we will NEVER forget....
Karen C

#44684 - 03/28/06 09:07 PM Re: April Contest
pepper Offline

Dotsie
Why does my name come up at KartsC when I signed on as Karen C??????

#44685 - 03/29/06 02:31 AM Re: April Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Where does it say KartsC? I think I'm missing something.

I have tears running down my right cheek. I began with KarenC's and worked my way down the page. Ya'll are way too funny.

angel, who was your dancing partner, and how old were you.

KarenC, I don't know which one is funnier. I can just imagine the faces of the people at lunch. [Big Grin]

Sherri, you are so lucky to be able to spend so much time with your grandkids.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved