The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44530 - 12/21/05 07:13 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I ordered two major gifts for my husband from Needless Mark-up (Neiman Marcus) and they called me last night to say they couldn't fulfill the order. I told them it wasn't acceptable so they put me in touch with a rep who found the items in one of their stores and are shipping overnite and I don't have to pay the shipping.

I was seriously stressed. I pictured me rushing through the mall trying to find new gifts. But, all is well.

#44531 - 12/21/05 07:21 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dianne,

"I'm like needless make-up? ohhhhh, needless mark-up" How funny you are!

Glad your gift is finding its' way to your home. Who needs the stress of finding something else?

hugs,
danita

#44532 - 12/25/05 04:45 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
5 hours until Christmas...hurrah!

I need to wrap gifts and clean off the table so we can sit down to lunch tomorrow. We're having folks to share lunch, exchange gifts. It's always a good Christmas when the ones who are here are healthy and the ones who are far away are on hearts and prayerful lips.

Blessings to you all Boomer Sibs.

May be worst of 2006 be from the best of 2005!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#44533 - 12/25/05 06:13 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I've been the Bread Mananger at a local grocery store in Oklahoma for only two weeks. This was a brand new store opening and the first few days were hectic this close to Christmas.The bread numbers to stock were iffy.
I began to pull bread from the shelves early yesterday, Christmas Eve. The dated pulls said December 29th. I began stacking them in a shopping cart when I realized something. This bread was being picked up by various volunteer groups to be distributed to those in need. I carefully and gently began to take care of the loaves. I tucked in the tails(a term for folding the bag tops under) and made room so none of the rolls, bagels or other products would be damaged. My mind wandered as I tried to imagine who would be receiving it. As I was praying for my fellow man, I stopped and reflected on the words I'd been saying all my life.
And give us this day...

Merry Christmas
chick

#44534 - 12/25/05 06:24 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chick, your love and care are truly gifts to all your life touches...thank you...daily bread means different things to different people, but when it TRULY means daily bread, it makes the heart stop and reflect.

Merrry Christmas to you, and thank you for the gift of Chickadee.

#44535 - 12/25/05 09:08 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chick,

I hope you like your new job. It seems appropriate that you provide daily bread to those in your new community.

I can only imagine how much love goes into each loaf (and life) you touch.

smile

#44536 - 12/26/05 12:00 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, thanks for sharing that little piece of your day. It touched me. I am reminded of those who have no material belingings on Christmas because my SIL and BIL work at a soup kitchen on Chirstmas day. It is something I hope to do in my empty nest. Not just on Chirstmas, but often.

#44537 - 12/26/05 07:15 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, I was home alone all day. If I had my time back, I would have worked a soup kitchen. It is gratifying to help those less fortunate than ourselves.
Smile, Isn't it funny how situations hit us sometimes? Eagle, you're such a dear. I hope you all had a blessed day. I celebrated a Peaceful one.
chick

#44538 - 12/27/05 05:07 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I just love all of you ladies so much! You're all such an inspiration.

Santa was really good to me this year. He knew exactly what I greeded...they weren't needed!

We're packing up for the move to MN. I'm already pooped and we just started. I might lose some of the excess pounds I managed to pack on during the holidays.

#44539 - 12/27/05 12:15 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Dianne,

I know we've talked of this before, but yesterday, thinking of you, I laughed out loud at work. Because, as I was speaking to some people, I actually HEARD myself say, "yahh, surrrre". I turned to the woman and said, "Did you just hear my North DAkota accent?" and she replied "You betcha!" and I know because my sister has lived there for 10 years!!!. (and I'm sure you know, people from ND and Mn all talk alike, they're all Norskies)...So I thought of you and was wondering just how long it will take you.......My wager is a year and a half....maybe less. Anyone else want to anti up?

Chick, If I'm not wealthy enough by next year to go play at a ski lodge with Sam, we should get together!!!! Well, even if I am!. Especially if I am!!!! We could do the soup kitchens, and THEN go the lodge - how 'bout it? I worked this year , both days, and Sam is sick as a dog with congestion and a very sore throat - and living with his girlfriend, so I was alone too...(LOL , SHE had to take care of him for a change [that's a really weird feeling for me -, but I kinda' liked it! and kinda' not]but tonite he called to ask how he should clear up his ears, which I thought was pretty funny, coming from a 25 year old , but actually glad he did. I'm still needed sometimes!!! And needed just for a phone call about so;me advice is pretty liberating!!!

Anyhow, no sense in two Boomer sisters both being alone at any time, but esp. at Christmas....We should just plan ahead. Let's see, we've got 363 days......

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved