The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#44273 - 10/13/05 02:53 AM Jury Duty SCAM!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This isn't a contest but I didn't want to post over the breast cancer subject in Friends Heal Friends, and there is nothing important I am covering up here...
SCAM...so far discovered in MI., TX., OH., AZ., Ill., PA., MN., OR., Wash State.

Someone calls on the phone as a representative of the court and says you failed to report for jury duty and a warrant has been issued for your arrest. You of course got no such notification and tell them that. Then they say they need some info to make sure they've got the right person in order to correct the arrest warrant, they ask for your Social Security #, your birthdate, and even a credit card number JUST for verification. Then say they will check and get back to you soon...Whalla, Identity theft...never give anyone any info for any reason over the phone, please....They have targeted mostly Seniors once again. [Mad]

#44274 - 10/13/05 04:11 PM Re: Jury Duty SCAM!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatyy, thanks for sharing. I will be sure to tell my dad. He gets so many of these crazy phone calls. He had one where the guy asked him for his check and routing number. He's on the ball and called the guy on it, but it amazes me because I believe they definitely target the elderly.

#44275 - 10/14/05 02:18 AM Re: Jury Duty SCAM!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Ladies pay attention and let your elder relatives know...

[ October 13, 2005, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44276 - 10/14/05 03:35 AM Re: Jury Duty SCAM!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I got this warning in an email a good while back and made myself stop right then and there and call people who I felt might be an easy target. Thanks for posting this for others Chatty... seems you're always looking out for others.

Love ya, JJ

#44277 - 10/18/05 02:39 AM Re: Jury Duty SCAM!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Check this out ladies and spread the word, this is now reaching epidemic size and is in NM., NV, CO.,SC., NC. and AL. as of this morning...

#44278 - 10/18/05 05:20 AM Re: Jury Duty SCAM!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks Chatty! You are the best! I'll tell everyone I know about this.

#44279 - 10/18/05 05:35 PM Re: Jury Duty SCAM!
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Yep! Chatty Lady is right! I work in the court system and we all received emails regarding this scam.

The jury commissioner can't possibly call 100,000 people per month in telling them to show up for court. That's why the jurors are given a number to call in. (not the other way around)

Never give out any personal information! Even when a juror calls in, they are given a special group number (no names). The computer automatically matches the personal information just by the group number and date they are to serve.

There's a scammer on every corner. We must always be smarter than them!

Teresa

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved