The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#44035 - 02/03/05 10:54 PM Has BWS helped you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This month is going to be a little different.

Women continue to email and post about how Boomer Women Speak has helped them in some way.

I feel a little funny asking you to do this, but it will help me define the future of this site.

What started as a site to spread the word about my anthology has become a site for women to connect, encourage, and support one another at midlife. Funny how it's evolved.

See, I had no idea what the Lord had in mind. All I knew was that I wanted to write a book to give our generation of women a voice. I trusted He would give me all I needed and last month this site had over a half million hits. Scary, huh? I've also received almost 400 stories to date. It's GOT to be a series!

I would greatly appreciate it if you would be kind enough to write a little something about how this site has helped you. Don't go crazy editing. I know a lot of you are writers. I'm not looking for perfection, just sentiment and honesty.

Thanks so much. I plan to choose three entries at the end of the month. I'll be sure to share them with you.

#44036 - 02/03/05 11:11 PM Re: Has BWS helped you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Great idea, Dotsie! Count me in! Let me count the ways I've been helped here. You're right. The Lord does have that special touch.

I'll get to writing!

#44037 - 02/04/05 03:33 AM Re: Has BWS helped you?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie should we post it here or send it to you in an email?

#44038 - 02/05/05 01:57 AM Re: Has BWS helped you?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dotsie, here's my entry. I've always been overweight. But in the last few years, the weight crept up higher and higher, with nothing stopping it. I tried shakes, powders, power bars and more, but nothing seems to break the barrier. Then, along came BWS and a little forum for dieters. Little did I know I'd just found the secret to my weightloss. Accountability. We wrote every day what our food intake was, careful to watch what we ate as we knew we'd be reporting it soon to the others on the forum. Little by little, my intake decreased and my feeling about my body increased.
Month after month went by, I noted little changes here and there. Losing a pound here, a few pounds there, the weight came off almost consistently.
Three months turned into six months and six months turned into eight then nine. Before I knew it I had lost 50 pounds. My success was a success for Dotsie and her BWS forum. Without the support of the other women on the diet forum, I wouldn't have had the courage to stick it out. Thank you BWS, thank you Dotsie. For giving me a life back that I thought I'd lost forever.

#44039 - 02/05/05 03:48 AM Re: Has BWS helped you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ladies, it's best to send it to me via email, but if you want to post here that's cool too. It might be fun to see what everyone has to say. Whatever you feel comfortable doing works for me.

Vicki, you deserve the credit because of your commitment! I still want you to update your picture on your site. [Wink]

#44040 - 02/05/05 09:14 PM Re: Has BWS helped you?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dotsie, I've got a new book coming out for August, I'll probably get new pictures done for it. I'll make sure to update yours as well.

#44041 - 02/06/05 08:23 AM Re: Has BWS helped you?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Wow, Vicki: Yours is such a success story! I'm so glad for you. Well done, Vicki.

Hmmm.... Hey, who knows? Maybe there is some hope for me too. I'm gonna have to stick to the diet forum too!!

[ February 06, 2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#44042 - 02/06/05 07:56 PM Re: Has BWS helped you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ladies, thanks for the emails. They're rolling in. [Wink] I appreciate your time and sentiments.

#44044 - 02/08/05 07:12 AM Re: Has BWS helped you?
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Brenda, thanks. For reminding me. For reminding me that no matter how old our children are, some *truths* don't change.

#44046 - 02/09/05 08:37 AM Re: Has BWS helped you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Please let me know if you have learned of writing opportunities through this site. Maybe you've had your work accepted by a site you learned about at BWS. This would be helpful. Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved