The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44023 - 02/02/05 03:11 AM and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Posted by unique in response to Jade who came seeking advice about breaking up:

Jade, some guys are all take and no give; others give when they feel like it or when it's convenient. Having just gotten (but not completely gotten)out of a situation like yours--I'll tell you this. If and when you dump this guy, you'll finally be able to BREATHE. And the wonder of it will be that you didn't even realize you were holding your breath. I was with a man for almost 10 years; it darn near killed me. You could count the Christmas gifts he gave me on one hand and have fingers left over. It seems like the philosophy of these guys is, "What's in it for me, and the heck with you." Check out this website www.narcissisticabuse.com/characteristics. If your fellow matches the majority of these characteritics---RUN!! If he doesn't, as these ladies will tell you, and I agree, how well do you want to be treated, and don't you think you deserve better than that? If you aren't living together it will be easier. Just say goodbye. If you do, somebody will have to leave and it might end up being you. Come back for a refill anytime. There are others here that can help you out as well.

Posted by chatty also in response to Jade

Jade, ask yourself this question. If God appeared to you one night and said, "Jade you will be dead in 30 days. I want you to find happiness in those last 30 days on this earth." Would you waste your time on this sad sack and his problems OR find things that bring your life meaning and joy? Just a thought. None of us ever knows how much time we have left, do we?

The funniest post has to go to the queen. For some reason I roared at this post. It's one of those where she sneaks in, drops the bomb, runs, and acts so innocent. It was under the topic, Women Dating In Their 50's.

Let's see....she's built like something out of Hollywood, men flock to her, she's modest...oh yeah, I know my heart bleeds for her. She's probably rich too, am I right?

Well, that ain't nothing. I've been told I look like something out of Hollywood too.

Who IS Godzilla? Must be one of those foreign actresses...right?

Well ladies, this is the last time I'm doing this kind of contest. It was sooo hard to choose. I kept changing my mind because there were so many funny posts, and posts sharing excellent advice. Way too many. I'll post the next contest tomorrow.

#44024 - 02/02/05 03:30 AM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yipee, won another one. I am so proud and happy to share the limelight with Unique and our ever popular JJ. Thanks Dotsie and may I say I hope the advice to Jade did some good. I have a wonderful tote bag from the last contest so may I pleeeeease have note cards instead? [Razz]

#44025 - 02/02/05 04:30 AM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations Ladies!
All well deserved wins.
Good job Dotsie.

#44026 - 02/02/05 06:23 AM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Clap, Clap, Clap...Congratulations from me, too girls.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Well deserved!

Great choices Dotsie. Jade received some, needed excellent advice at a critical time by two great ladies and our queen da BOMB was a side splitter in her Godzilla post.

Way to go Girls!

chickadee

#44027 - 02/02/05 04:57 PM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS!!!!!!! Woo hoo!

#44028 - 02/02/05 05:00 PM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I just want to thank everyone that made this possible...my mamma...my daddy...my--what? what? teehee...THANKS MS D! Congrats Chatty-girl and Unique...you go girls!

JJ

#44029 - 02/02/05 07:29 PM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
[Eek!] Ladies, I'm speechless. [Eek!]
.....but I am wondering where's Jade?

#44030 - 02/03/05 08:09 AM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay, okay queenie. Big deal. It's just another star in your crown. Darned thing must weigh a ton by now. You think your brain being squashed by that heavy crown is what makes you so funny? Could be.

Keep up the good work! You keep us all laughing.
smile

[ February 02, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#44031 - 02/03/05 08:56 AM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Congrats to all of you!!!!!

#44032 - 02/03/05 12:49 AM Re: and the winners are: unique, chatty and the queen
Looking Up Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Congrats Ladies! Enjoy the goodies! [Smile]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved