The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#43676 - 12/13/03 03:10 AM November entries
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay ladies, we have edit approvals from everyone now so I am going to post the entries.

First, I must thank all of you for your kind words about these forums. I'm grateful they're perceived they way you say they are because this is what I had in mind when I launched this project.

Please know that all of this came from hunkering down at the kitchen table in prayer with my Bible, journal, and other Christian books.

The whole idea for the book, site, and forums came from the Lord. I never could have dreamed it up on my own. [Wink]

So while you may thank me, the ultimate praise goes to God because I am just His vehicle. [Big Grin]

I am posting all entries for a couple reasons:

-I think it's important for you to see what everyone has to say about how they feel when they come here.

-From a writer's perspective I want to share so you can see that it's quite possible that every one of you may have chosen a different winner. This is important for you to see why we get rejections. The person judging the contest, reading submissions, articles, book proposals, whatever, has to immediately click with the writer and I clicked with Evie.

I clicked with her entry because I have three sisters and she has none. The fact that she refers to the women in here as her sisters touched me. I empathized with her because I can't imagine life without my sissies. I could also picture her sitting at the computer with her hot tea and liked how she used "fired up" about the computer immediately after talking about *hot* tea. I loved the use of the word *addicted* too.
See how it works?

Someone else may click with another entry for other reasons and if they were judging there could have been another winner.

This is what we have to remember when we get our rejection letters. It's not the writing, it's how it works in a magazine, book, chapter, etc. It has to strike the agent or publisher and give them an immediate connection for the work.

Anyway, thanks and have fun reading...

Oh, and they are in no special order.

“I am thankful for the Forums because they provide a ‘safety net’ of wonderful women who are there for you 24/7. We don’t really ‘know’ each other in our daily lives, but yet we are there for each other for any and all news, questions, problems, condolences, recipes, and all the other sturm and dreg in our little boomer lives. I appreciate having you all to turn to in anonymity, never fearing that anyone in my ‘real world’ will find out anything unless I tell them myself. Long live Boomer Women Speak!”

-Micki
Baltimore, Maryland

“Boomer Women Speak

Gee, I was just surfin in the middle of the night
And all of a sudden I lucked upon this site
So I stuck around
And got to know some of you
I read the posts and sent a few

Mostly I like it for the fun
Knowing what boomers are doing
And what boomers have done
And those silly posts from the queen
Help make the site a happening scene

Thanks for the site.”

-smilinize

“My three reasons about why I’m thankful for the Boomer Forums:

1. The women here give me invaluable insight and input for whatever is going on in my life and the lives of others. I know other members appreciate this input as well.
2. It’s a wonderful place to meet women from all over the world who were born in a similar time. Even though we may be from different locations and perhaps different cultures, there is a common thread that binds us together.
3. Sometimes it’s easier to share things that are close to the quick of our beings with people who are similar, yet remain somewhat faceless in the same way. It’s easier at times to spill your guts to a complete stranger than it is even to your best friend. There appears to be no judgment here. Different views perhaps, but I’ve seen no harsh judgments.”

-DreamrKate
California

“I wrap my hands around a steaming cup of hot tea and fire up the computer. Hopelessly addicted, I direct my browser to the Boomer Women Speak Forums, where unseen kindred spirits pour out their hearts to discuss relationships, children, careers, midlife crises, hobbies, faith, travel, and health issues. Having no real sisters of my own, I am so thankful for this haven of boomer sisters who help each other navigate the murky waters of our generation.”

-Evie
Nipigon, Ontario, Canada

“I am thankful for the Boomer Women Speak Forums because I feel a sense of camaraderie with women who are a little further down the path of life like I am and rejoice in that fact. Their aim is to help each other through encouragement, humor, and prayer, although not necessarily in that order. I look forward to many friendships forming and can always count on getting a hearty laugh or two from the posts to brighten my day. I also look at the Forums as an opportunity to help other women along when their paths are bumpy, or too dark for them to see their way. And this is way too serious for me, so let me add that I love the pictures and appreciate the smiles, in spite of the reason why they may or may not be so wide!”

-DonnaJ
Ohio

“I could go on and on about this, but for once I’ll be brief! I’m thankful for the Forums at Boomer Women Speak because it’s refreshing to my mind, heart, and soul to see the incredible variety of topics that the Forums embrace! The variety immediately tells me that honesty and each individual’s point of view are embraced. Never have I seen such wealth of expression welcomed in one place. I really cherish these forums.”

-LillianOwl
Miami Beach, Florida

“Forum is a singular word for a collective group of women that are on call 24 hours a day to allow me to lean a little bit when reality gets a bit overwhelming. The women are supporters, cheerleaders, directors, and in my experience, revealers of a part of myself that had not surfaced. The ability of the Forums to provide all of this so readily is because WE come to the forum when we are ready. At first I thought it was the anonymity of the relationship, and it is in part. But mainly we can ask the question when we are ready, not bound by the time frame of an in-person visit. We can interact at the time it is most needed and we can help others at the time we are best able to do so. That is what I think is the beauty and the success of the Forums. It is not just the human interaction, but the timing for each human is personal to them. For all of this I am grateful. I have received hugs from the Forum at times when I needed it the most and from a place that is so honest. I have been told I am good at something for no other reason than someone thought so. Just a comment can ignite a spark. I have gravitated to this forum collectively as a good friend, and I have been rewarded more than I could ever repay.”

-lynn
Maryland

“I’m grateful for this forum for having a place to ache about my son Robert without upsetting my family. I’m grateful for this forum for giving me the opportunity, for the first time in my life, to experience the wonder of girlfriends. I’m grateful for this forum for giving me the confidence, security, and encouragement to step back out into the world on my own.”

-lionspaaw
Southwest Florida

“Thanks to Dotsie for the Boomer Women Speak Forums. I am grateful because I can chat with women all over the world who grew up in the same era. I am thankful for the whole neighborhood of new friends. I am also blessed that we can encourage, help, and pray for one another.”

-Maggie
Oregon

“Posting in the Boomer Women Speak Forums is like writing in an interactive journal—a book that speaks back! I write about anything that’s on my mind and responses from warm, intuitive, wise, and humorous women magically appear. I am thankful that digital technology is being put to such a valuable purpose as strengthening and supporting women.”

-Julie
Australia

“The women in the Forums have given so much of themselves to me and others.
It is like a drive-thru Heart-Mart, a halfway "life" house for Boomers. One can drive in (drop in), get an answer, solve a problem, cry, laugh, moan, say "shame on you," and just about anything else you can think of and then drive away (log off). It is like instant healing. Can you tell me any other place you can do that—and do it for free?

Thanks to the Boomer Women Speak Forums, any woman that needs a home has one.”

-jawjaw
Alabama

#43677 - 12/13/03 06:20 PM Re: November entries
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
The entries prove boomers to be a great bunch of writers and an even greater bunch of women.

smile

#43678 - 12/13/03 07:51 PM Re: November entries
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I agree 100%...this is "BEST TIS" bunch of women (that's one of my kids words)...

#43679 - 12/15/03 02:33 AM Re: November entries
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
you know dotsie -- pretty soon the posts here are going to amount to

yup uh huh you said it i hear ya -- etc etc

because we're all going to mesh together soooooo well we'll "feel" each others sentences and there won't be a need for excess words [Big Grin]

#43680 - 12/27/03 07:40 PM Re: November entries
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a great bunch of gals.

I'm working on a January contest. It won't have to do with writing, but will have to do with using the boards.

I'll post it before the new year.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved