The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#4359 - 03/09/06 12:00 PM Re: tell us about your children
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Hello to all...First to Chatty Lady: I feel really bad...isn't there anything you can do
about Mark? He was only 28 back then...maybe he grew up? Maybe he would love to hear from you...but won't pick up the phone first! Not my business, but I hope you someday can come to terms.
ok.I have two sons, 21 and 28. The 21 is a handfull, still home, (and really I'm happy about that) but...would like to see him move on!
He is a Happy Go Lucky...wants to be ugh..an actor. Whatever, as long as he's happy doing whaat he wants to do...My 28 yr old has been in
Calif since 2000, I miss him dearly, but we do see each other a few times a year, he has a wonderful girlfriend who lives with him, she wants to get married, he wants to make his mark first. And not doing too bad either, he's a producer..did quite a few reality shows..hates them, and is now into tv..he bought his home last year, loves his job, and just about all of his friends from FSU Film School are out there with him...but the hours are brutal!! He travels a lot! and bonus for mom...I actually walked the RED CARPET! in Sept, he produced the annual stunt awards...have to pretend I don't really see those celebs...so I'm expanding my peripheral vision! No grandchildren, wah...looking forward to that...we are all blessed, aren't we?

#4360 - 03/09/06 12:36 PM Re: tell us about your children
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Diamond - is it possible your heritage could be Irish?

#4361 - 03/09/06 01:21 PM Re: tell us about your children
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Two boys, who eventually turned into lovely men. They are kind to old people, and love children and animals. They are descent human beings and humble. Hard to believe they are mine sometimes. They are rather quiet too...hmmm...One grandbeauty, and one daughter-in-law...and their second grandbaby due in three weeks. Life is good.

Then of course, I have Trixie.

JJ

#4362 - 03/10/06 08:47 AM Re: tell us about your children
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I seemed to have missed this before.

I have 2 grown children -- Laura, 29, and Ed, 27.

Laura lives on LI NY where she tutors and teaches at a community college. When she completes her Master's of Arts in teaching next year, she plans to teach science at the high school or middle school level.

Ed is an architect who lives and works in NYC. He moved there after going to school in Seattle, and it's really nice to have him closer to us.

We will be visiting them next week. I can't wait!

#4363 - 03/09/06 09:30 PM Re: tell us about your children
pepper Offline

Loc: Jupiter, Florida
Hi All
I have 2 children, one in NJ one in Florida. My NJ son is 28, my Fl daughter is 31. I have 1 granddaughter, age 9 months!!! I am very very blessed.....
Kasey C

#4364 - 03/10/06 03:40 AM Re: tell us about your children
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sandi nothing in the world could keep me from calling or seeking my son Mark out, but my older son David and I have no idea where he might be. I have not changed my residence or phone number for that very reason so he can find me when and if he wants to. I am heart sick nover the loss of my baby, he'll be 40 in April. I almost learned some news of him 2 Christmas's ago but was hindered by my ex sticking his nose where it didn't belong (long story.) Maybe one day he'll come home?

#4365 - 03/24/06 01:30 AM Re: tell us about your children
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I have just the one child, desperatedly wanted a girl when I was pregnant and I got just what I wanted!!! Elizabeth is 22 now, and has been a dream child. She is currently studying to become a drama teacher and in her 3rd year of a four year double degree course. She lives in Wellington which is just a 2 hour drive from our place, she keeps in touch almost daily via txt, emails and phone calls.

She also has a nice young man in her life who loves her as dearly as we do!

We are blessed.

#4366 - 03/24/06 05:57 AM Re: tell us about your children
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I guess I didn't see this thread. This is a wonderful place to learn about all of us and our children.

I have two children. We were lucky and got a boy and a girl. They are 6 years apart.

My son is the oldest at 32 years. He has been married for 9 years and just presented me with my first grandchild -- a beautiful little boy. My son has been an Electrician for about 14 years and is one of the bosses. He has been a scuba diver for about 16 years. He and his wife and baby live about 10 miles from us.

My daughter is 25 years old. She has done me the favor of staying home to help me with various extended families health matters. So, now she is going to move to Chicago by the fall of this year. She is an actor and will continue it in Chicago for the time being.

I home schooled my daughter from 6th - 12th grade. I absolutely loved doing it. Created a bond that is fantastic between us. She is my best friend. Challenges my mind everyday and keeps at it till I really look at something different. She is a sports enthusaiast and knows all the stats but hockey is her favorite. She is also a fantastic writer.

I tell them that my son is my heart and my daughter is my soul. To me, that pretty much describes them.

Wouldn't know what to do without them.

Sandpiper

#4367 - 03/28/06 08:10 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sandpiper, one your heart and one your soul. I've never heard a mom say that before. I like it.

What are your plans for when she moves to Chicago? I see lots of airplane trips in your future! Has she written anything that's published online?

#4368 - 03/28/06 08:12 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Update on my kids:

Oldest turns 21 in April and we won't see him on his birthday. I don't think I'll see him until May 31st!

My younger two are making college decisions. Time will tell if I'll really be an empty nester next year.

We are gearing up for proms, senior breakfasts, dinners, graduations, etc. It's a very exciting time.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved