The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#4349 - 01/13/06 06:45 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bookstore chain that begins with B. That's a tough one because we have BOrders and Barnes and Noble. [Wink] They're the two big ones in this town.

Diamond, sdo your twins have a closer relationship than your other children?

#4350 - 01/14/06 12:39 PM Re: tell us about your children
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Lol, Dotsie, I love both Borders and Barnes and Nobles. Hard to get me out of there!

Yes, my twins are quite close. I think they would have withdrawals if they did not speak to each other at least once each morning and once later in the day : )

#4351 - 01/14/06 06:43 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Diamond, you should feel blessed that your children are so close. That's wonderful.

We went to Borders last night!

#4352 - 01/15/06 11:24 AM Re: tell us about your children
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dotsie,
I hope I am not overstepping here; just let me know.
I was just curious...do your two older children ever
wonder about the country/culture they were adopted
from?

I admire all who are willing to adopt. If we were
still young, we'd adopt one of those precious little
girls from China.

#4353 - 01/20/06 11:31 AM Re: tell us about your children
sami Offline

Loc: Montreal, Quebec. Canada.
I am new to this forum (and a Boomer) I am amazed at the warmth and understanding and real help on this forum. I've been reading it for 2 hours now and it's 1.30 a.m.

Anyway I have 3 children, Oldest is Yasmin who has her own talent agency called Little Lost Hollywood, then Turia, who is a dog lover and mother to 2 boxer dogs, named Polo and Bo and she does insist that they are my granchildren, and they should be treated as such. The youngest is Sebastien and he is a D.J. He is mainly a Techno D.J. I am more of a Buddy Holly
fan myself, but I've grown to like some Techno music.

I also have three grandchildren, but this is a post for children so I'll leave them for another time.

#4354 - 01/20/06 03:19 PM Re: tell us about your children
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
sami...Go to bed!...just kidding...Welcome to the site. It will take you days even months to read ALL the posts, for sure. Take a minute to tell us more about yourself and your grandkids. Like you I have 3 and 3. I am also from Canada...brrr.I don't speak French. Do you? I need to learn. Hope you'll drop by again today.
chick

#4355 - 01/20/06 06:32 PM Re: tell us about your children
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Sami,
Welcome...to our site...I have only been here for a few months and I am addicted to this place and to all of the amazing women I have met...I hope you'll tell us more about yourself and decide to stay....

#4356 - 01/20/06 10:49 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

sami, welcome! Is baby-shower-depot your site/ What fun. You must be one organized woman. Great idea for a business!

#4357 - 01/21/06 03:18 AM Re: tell us about your children
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi ho Sami and welcome....You sound like me dogs for children and grandchildren as well. I too am up fooling around in here at all hours, I am the 'sargeant at arms' so to speak and keeper of the flame of the hearts of our group. I take this quite seriously as you will see. Welcome, welcome to our happy home.

#4358 - 01/21/06 06:38 AM Re: tell us about your children
sami Offline

Loc: Montreal, Quebec. Canada.
Hi Chick, Avalon & Dotsie, Thank you for your warm welcome.

I think I'm going to like it here.

Chick, you asked if I speak French, I do, but very badly. Two of my children are bi-lingual and my 2 year old grandaughter speaks only French (and baby talk). So I have a really good incentive to improve my French so I don't teach my grandaughter to speak French with all the wrong grammar. I grew up in England, but my husband is French-Canadian and I've been living in Quebec for more than 30 years, so I am running out of excuses for not having a good command of the French language.

I have two other granchildren Christopher and Charlie, Charlie comes to my home every day after school he's 12 and loves tobogganing down Christmas Pudding Hill, which is a big hill that looks like a Christmas Pudding just accross the road.

Dotsie, yes it is my website. It's more of a hobby than a business, but I hope that one day it might be. So I can retire from my other business. I am so glad I found this (your) website. It is something to look forward to reading after work.

--------------------
www.baby-shower-depot.com

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved