The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#4339 - 09/24/05 07:07 AM Re: tell us about your children
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
Word Charmer

I just read your post. Amazing that you have children with the same names as my children - Jennifer and Christian!

#4340 - 09/26/05 03:19 AM Re: tell us about your children
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi, I have two handsome grown sons. David is 43 and has two step children Jared 22, getting married in Oct. and Cristy 20 and one natural son Jason 15. My daughter-in-law is a joy....
My youngest son Mark is 38, married to a very pretty girl last time I heard and he has been estranged from our family now for 12 years. Don't know anything more than that unfortunately.

#4341 - 09/26/05 04:17 AM Re: tell us about your children
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Hi, Five children... my 1st born is Tracey 32, office manager for Land America. Joshua, my eldest son is 28, he works land surveying.
Twin boys 25, Timothy is the eldest he is a auto mechanic, Daniel still scoots around looking for the perfect job (hope he finds it soon). Youngest daughter is 21, she works as a manager at one of our many Starbucks.
All live at home, except for Tracey. [Roll Eyes]

Can't forget my other babies...
We have a 7 lb. Miniature Pinscher named Girl.
Bridgett, is a 11lb. Miniature Shih-Tzu.
Plus, when Johua moved back in he brought Roscoe. He 's a 90 lb. Pit Bull, who thinks he is the size of Bridgett and Girl. [Eek!]

[Smile]

#4342 - 01/11/06 07:43 PM Re: tell us about your children
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Hi All,
I have 3 daughters, Juli, my oldest is from my first marriage at 18. She is a college graduate, married to a career Airforce major with three children of her own. She beautiful and wonderful and I love her with all my heart.
My middle daughter, Alicia, is 26 and has two sons. One of her sons is developmentally challenged. One evening after dinner her husband of 7 years told her he no longer loved her and was moving out. He stated his reasons were that she was intolerant of his new religion which was Wicca. He now lives with an agnostic. My daughter has shown remarkable strength and faith in her new life as a single parent. A Christian family who owns their own franchise hired my daughter and trained her to manage one of their stores. My daughter is studying Spanish and is laughing now which is so good to my ears. She is beautiful and wonderful and I love her with all my heart.
My youngest daughter, Katie, is in trouble with the law. She has had a dual problem since she was 11 yrs. old of mental and emotional illness as well as drug addiction. She seems to lack the ability to think beyond the moment. She has two beautiful children, a little girl who lives with me and a son who lives with his father. Katie faces sentencing this Friday the 13th for violation of her probation for drug trafficking. She is charming and manipulative but also intelligent. She wants to be a crime scene investigator when she gets out of either prison or a program to address her issues. She is beautiful and wonderful and I love her with all my heart.

#4343 - 01/12/06 08:43 AM Re: tell us about your children
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I have 2 grown children, 19 months apart.

Laura is 29 and teaching at a community college while finishing her masters degree in education to teach science. Ed, 27, is an architect in NYC who lives in Brooklyn. They are both single, so no grandchildren even close.

They are super kids, and we are very proud of both of them.

#4344 - 01/12/06 07:33 AM Re: tell us about your children
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have 2 grown children also. My daughter is 36, married, an RN with a BSN and works as a nurse manager. My son is 34, single and a contractor. They both live close by. No grandchildren.
Louisa

#4345 - 01/12/06 09:59 PM Re: tell us about your children
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I have 8 children. Oldest is a girl, 24, married, 2 year old son. Next, 20 year old son, lives in NM, then son, 18, son 16, son 12, son 8, son 6 and daughter, almost 4, all at home.

#4346 - 01/13/06 12:16 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oops, I just asked you this in another post. Sorry Bluebird.

I am in awe of you and the love you must sprinkle on those kids.

I have a son in his third year of college in SC majoring in Finance, playing club ball and all kinds of intramurals. He loves to cook, read, do crossword puzzles, and has just taken up tennis.
He was adopted from Korea when he was three months.

Next is my daughter who is 18 and a high school senior. She dances for her school, has a part time job which she has had for almost two years (I'm proud of her for that). She loves her friends and received her first college acceptance this week. She was also adopted from Korea when she was three months old.

While waiting for her to arrive from Korea. I got pregnant with my 17 year old son. He loves filmmaking, hanging out with his friends, and working at his film internship. He has received college acceptances too. Also received a 12,000.00 a year scholarship to a school he doesn't want to attend. Think we can twist his arm? Just kidding.

Next year they may be spread throughout the country. Some days I feel good about it, others, I get teary-eyed.

I love my family. Don't you?

#4347 - 01/13/06 02:22 AM Re: tell us about your children
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just think of it Dotsie as doing your part for humanity by putting out in the world three excellent young adults, well trained, loving, intelligent and God fearing. If only we could all do that just think of what a wonderful world we would have....I adore both my sons, one close by and the other far away from me. I wish both were close and we all shared the same values and space.

#4348 - 01/13/06 10:32 AM Re: tell us about your children
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
It's wonderful to read about your children : )

As for mines, Stacy is 36 and has been a hairdresser since she was 21. She has our grandson Matthew.
Lorrin is 34 and looks so much like his dad...has our grandson Dennin.
Liana and Devie, twins, are 32. Each married and from them are our grandkids Caleb, Kayla and Katelyn.
Liana is a manager at a national bookstore chain that begins with the letter B. Devie is the head chef at a well-known local school.
Levin is 29 and works and goes to school. He has our grandsons Cy and Austin.
Our baby, Kelsey, is just 15 and is a sophomore at college prep school. She is your average busy teen : )

With all the kids, "inlaw" kids, and grandkids, it seems like this family grew so fast....hard to believe that just 11 or 12 years ago it was just the kids around!

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved