The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#4329 - 06/13/05 08:17 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hello. I have two children. One graduated June 11, 05 and I sure was a proud parent. My son was here for the summer break from college. As my daughter walked across the stage, I felt a joyful pain. She has done an excellent job and will need to go off to college to learn even more. I guess the pain is that she'll 'go off' and the joy is that she has the intellect to do so.

Now, I guess I go and start posting about the empty nest syndrome since it hit the very moment she walked off of the stage.

#4330 - 06/14/05 02:54 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sugaree, it's great to see you. Talk about mixed emotions. Wow. Will she be attending college near home?

#4331 - 06/15/05 07:00 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks Dotsie. No, my dear daughter will attend Florida A&M. I'm happy about that but again, saddened by the distance that will be between us. Just about everyone that has ever encountered her speaks of her graceful, touching and caring eyes that smile right along with her gleaming pearlies. I'll miss seeing that every day. That smile has made my dark days so much more brighter and even saved my life on many occassion. Her caring and loving ways was apparent at the surprise graduation party my family and I threw for her. Her kinder/first grade and several others attended. They all said that they knew she'd be a very successful adult and that she's well on her way. I was so proud that tears just wouldn't stop flowing. She's been through much tending to me while healing from my past (I hid most but when I couldn't, she was always there with that beautiful smile, sitting by my side, holding hand or some nights just sleeping with me, holding me). Let me stop now cause I'm getting all teary eyed. I think, in part, that those days taught her compassion and the value of treating people with dignity and tenderness.

Trust me, we purchased many pictures and took that many more before, during and after the graduation.

Thanks for asking!

#4332 - 06/15/05 08:07 AM Re: tell us about your children
wordcharmer Offline

Loc: Ohio
I know I am late, but I'll try to add mine.

I have 4 children, 4 step children that my husband and I raised, and one step daughter that never lived with us. I have 18 grandchildren.

Ed, my oldest son is 37 and has three children-Kristi 16, Stormi 14, and "Little Ed, 12. MY son hasn't talked to anyone in my family for two years. A falling out as someone said. I do see my grandchildren though, as they live with their mother only 5 miles from me. I do miss my son, but he made this choice, not me.

My oldest daughter Tracy is 35 and has two boys-Kyle 10 and Tyler 6. Tracy is an executive secretary at a nearby hospital, and is the comedian of the family.

Jamie, the middle daughter, is 29 and has two boys-Austin is 6 and Mexican/American, Grayson is 1 and a half and rotten to the core, but fun. Jamie is the Human Resources Manager at an Ohio State Park and an artist.

Jennifer is 26 and my baby, and the mother of three-Haleigh is 5, Patrick is 4, and Emily is 1 and a half. Jennifer, thank God, has a degree in early childhood education, but chooses to be a stay-at-home-mom for now.

My oldest step son is Sid, he's 26 and works in construction and janitorial workj at a school. He has two children, Samantha 6, and Ethan 2 and one due the end of this month.

Christian is 24 and not married yet. He lives with a girl who has one child. He also works in construction.

Shelli is 29 and divorced, with three boys, Zack who is 13, and twins Stephen and Seth who are 8.

Chandra is divorced with one son, Frankie who is 6. She and Shelli work in Nursing homes.

Wendy is the step daughter who never lived with us, and is 31. She has two children, Kayla is 13 and Matt is 10. Wendy is a nurse.

I think that is all of them! All but one lives within 30 miles of us in Ohio. Jamie lives 3 hours away in Southern Ohio.

[ June 15, 2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: wordcharmer ]

#4333 - 09/23/05 05:51 AM Re: tell us about your children
Pattie Offline

Loc: North Royalton, ohio
Hi Everyone
I have three children. Daughter 25 married and has a three month old plus two step children. I have a son 21 going to school two hours away, living with friends, trying to find his way in life. My youngest is 17 a senior in high school. we're both getting very emotional about it. We are very close.

#4334 - 09/23/05 06:48 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Pattie, have you started the college searches? We're searching with our two high school seniors. Since I'm thinking about them leaving we're making the most of the college visits. So far we're having fun. Next comes the applications...

#4335 - 09/23/05 06:09 PM Re: tell us about your children
Sera Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Ct. USA
Hello all..I'm late also! I have two children and a stepdaughter. My daughter Amanda is 27 and living in Allentown, Pa...she's an events co-ordinator. My son Josh just got married in May and is 25. I'm fortunate in that I LOVE his new bride..she's a sweetie, and they're childhood friends turned husband and wife! [Smile] My stepdaughter Christy is 25 also and just got her first job as a school psychologist after YEARS of college. She and her fiancee Eric will be married next year in July. My husband and I are blessed beyond belief with 3 wonderful kids who have never given us problems...at least up to now! [Big Grin] I wouldn't trade any of them...Blessings, S.

[ September 23, 2005, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Sera ]

#4336 - 09/23/05 08:56 PM Re: tell us about your children
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I have 8 children (yes, same mom, same dad!). Katy is 24, married, with a son who turns 2 tommorrow. (He calls me Nonnie [Smile]
Chris is 20,he skates, plays drums and guitar. Anthony is 17, works for a painter, loves anything with a motor in it. Joe is 15, loves to skate and draw. Matt is 12, going through puberty, likes football and basketball. James is 8, skates, draws and is trying to learn guitar and drums. David is almost 6, just started kindergarten, full of energy and brains. Hope is
3 1/2, loves Dora, playing with her dolls and her nephew. I should probably mention Jeremy, who is Anthony's 17 year old friend, who just moved in with us 2 weeks ago. He was living in New Orleans with his dad and of course, had to get out. So we invited him here.
We have 10 people in the house right now - as of last month, my daughter and her family were here too!

#4337 - 09/24/05 07:01 AM Re: tell us about your children
Pattie Offline

Loc: North Royalton, ohio
Dotsie, Yes we are starting the college searches. It is fun. Though my daughter doesn't want to go too far away from home. With her sister just having a baby she wants to be able to see them now and again.

#4338 - 09/24/05 07:04 AM Re: tell us about your children
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
Not really late in posting just new to BWS.
I have two wonderful children - daughter Jennifer who is the 37 year old mother of my sweet grandson Cameron and Christian who will be 29 on October 7th. Christian married beautiful Carol last August in Pennsylvania.

Jennifer lives in Oregon and is a services sales rep for a veterinary diagnostics lab. Her husband Bob is a barber. You should see the great pictures I received of Daddy giving Cameron his first hair cut! They are precious beyond words.

Christian and Carol live in Maryland. Chris is a sales manager with the Marriott Corporation in and daughter-in-law Carol is a department manager for a pharmaceutical research company.
Jennifer looks a lot like me...but much more beautiful. Christian looks just like his dad except he has the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen. He could double for Nicolas Cage.

They are incredible and accomplished young adults and I am so proud of them.
After all the times that I thought I was such a failure as a parent, I look at them now and say..."Well we must have done something right afterall"

[ September 24, 2005, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Bookie ]

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved