The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#4309 - 02/24/05 08:28 AM Re: tell us about your children
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi All,
I have 4 children. The oldest Scott is 25. When he is not on the road traveling with the children's show he is acting in he lives in New York City. Right now he is on the road and when he returns in May he is going to start looking for some commercial work.

Nicholas is number 2 at 23 years old. He is currently a senior at Clarion University. He is majoring in English and wants to be a writer. In the fall he is hoping to start working on his Masters at Chatham University. He will be a little closer to home so he can better look at my work for me.

Katie is number 3 at almost 21 years old. She is going to restart Cosmetology school in the next two months. She has one child and no husband. My granddaughter is a beautiful little girl just like her mother and one of the many lights of my life. The two of them moved out at the beginning of January but are only seven miles away. Katie and I talk everyday and spend a lot of time together. She is one of my best friends when I don't have to be the mother.

Finally my fourt child is Anastasia. She is almost 4 years old and my twin. She looks just like me. It is very challenging trying to raise her after having already just about finished the job. She is my gift from God though. I don't know what my life would be like without her.

I have no daughter or son in laws yet but am holding out hope that I will someday and as I already mentioned have one beautiful granddaughter.

They are all wonderful people in their own ways and give me joy in their own unique styles.

If they could just quit cleaning out my bank account I would be truly happy.( [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] ) NOt really but it would be nice not to get the Mom I need money phone calls.

Angel(chris)

#4310 - 02/23/05 09:16 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Angel, I had a cute little picture that I hung by my daughter's telephone that said:

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR MOTHER CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR MOTHER.

#4311 - 03/02/05 11:41 AM Re: tell us about your children
chichii Offline

Loc: Grande Prairie
Hello
I have two children. Ellen who is 25 not married and gave me a beautiful little granddaughter last july which she named Crimson. My daughter worked for Veterinary Hospital before her little girl arrived. Crimson's daddy is 42 named Kevin. He is a nice person, great with kids but only started to grow up when he became a daddy for the first time. Now he is looking for a real job with benefits so he can support my daughter and the baby. Before then it seemed that Ellen was the main bread winner.
My son Paul is 23 married to his wife Sarah who is 20 and they haave a beautiful 2 year old boy Cameron. My son is a wireline operator in the oil patch. Don't ask what a wireline operator he has explained it, but it still hard to understand, especially with the terminology used to explain what he does.
I have also two step-children Steve who is 32 was married and has a little girl Bridget who is 4. When the marriage went sour or he decided he didnt want the responsibilties that go with marriage and fatherhood he skipped out on his family and will not acknowledge his little girl or pay child support.
Nathalie is 30 has had the same boyfriend for 10 years and works in the deli department of a large grocery store. She has no children, and is not interested in having any. My step-children do not get along with their father, so we rarely hear from them if at all. Which suites me fine as they were manipulating, self-centred little con artists growing up.

#4312 - 03/03/05 09:14 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks everyone for chiming in. Doesn't it help to put more information together about all of us?

#4313 - 03/04/05 01:24 AM Re: tell us about your children
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
We have two boys. Both are living away from home at this point. I never say anything too permanent about that, because they have both been away and back once each! Michael is the oldest, he will be 26 in April. He is a Petty Officer in the US Navy, stationed at Corpus Christi, Texas. He is married to Ashley and they have a sweet baby girl (looks just like granmom!) she is 18 months old and I am going there for my Spring Break! Just slightly excited, can you tell? My younger son is Eric. He was 22 in October. He lives in Temple, Texas and is not married. He works full time and recently purchased a mobile home with his own credit and resources. He is doing well for my "late-bloomer". Eric is ADHD and still experiences some difficulties with the disorder. All-in-all he is coping and taking care of himself. And folks, sometimes that is about all I ask of anyone!!

#4314 - 03/04/05 10:25 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

mm, you mean you're going to visit your son for spring break. You're passing up Lauderdale for that? HA. So would I! My how the times have changed.

#4315 - 03/08/05 04:49 AM Re: tell us about your children
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I have a step daughter who is 33 and living in Key West, Florida and an adopted son who is 6 and the joy of my life. Motherhood at this stage is a challenge but I am much better at it the 2nd time around.

Lynn

#4316 - 03/10/05 09:49 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, I'd love to see your son. I'm sure his little face would bring back memories of when my oldest was little. Don't you love the dark eyes and hair.

Are you sure your stepdaughter is 33. She's older than you, isn't she? [Big Grin] HA! We wish.

#4317 - 03/12/05 06:06 PM Re: tell us about your children
Sammie Offline

Loc: Elkton, Maryland
I have a son and three daughters.

1) - Joe (34) has: Zane (9), Jossie (5), & Graham (4).
2) - Krissy (33) has: Megan (13), Benjamin (6), & Kaylin (5)
3) - Karen (32) has: Anthony (14), Michael (9), and Nicholas (4)
4) - Kim (31) has: Brooke (9).

My husband has 4 daughters.

1) - Marchelle (35) has: Jessica (14), Megan (6).
2) - Tracey (32) has: Samantha (12)
3) - Lindsay (23) has: Ethan (8), Charlie (6), and Maranda (1).
4) - Kimberly (21) has: Taylor (3), & Olivia (6 months).

I'll save you the trouble of counting. 16 adult children (counting their spouses) and 18 grandchildren. How would you like to have our birthday and Christmas list?

#4318 - 03/17/05 01:45 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sammie, it sounds like fun to me. You are blessed! Do they all llive in town?

I am Irish Catholic. I am one of five. My mom was one of nine, and dad was one of five. BIG family. Lots going on. I love it.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved